lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-24-2018, 08:24 AM   #1
sowilliams
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Winch mounting

Anyone put a winch on a 94.5 - 2000 TXT? I'm trying but don't see where in the world to mount it. I bought a Jakes universal winch bumper but don't have a clue where that could bolt up.
sowilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-27-2018, 09:20 AM   #2
sowilliams
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Winch mounting

Quote:
Originally Posted by sowilliams View Post
Anyone put a winch on a 94.5 - 2000 TXT? I'm trying but don't see where in the world to mount it. I bought a Jakes universal winch bumper but don't have a clue where that could bolt up.
Bumping this back up to see if I might stumble over someone who has done this. Thanks
Old 04-27-2018, 09:27 AM   #3
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have the plan, and it has been partially initiated but interrupted by another project. I'm using a 1/4" aluminum plate to replace the plastic bumper/axle cover on my 96 gas TXT. Enlarged the bolts that hold it up under the cowl. Then my brush guard will be reinforced with the universal mounting plate from Harbor Freight welded to it. The back side of the mounting plate will be bolted to the aluminum plate hung from the cowl.

It is essentially mounted like Jake's EZGO TXT Winch Mount Bumper, with the added rigidity of the brush guard. The Jake's item looks mounted weakly but they claim it is fine. I don't expect to winch myself out of a jam, just use it to drag items to me like a dead deer down in a draw or out of a tight spot. My days of bashing through huge mud holes has passed for more sedate terrain.

http://www.jakesliftkits.com/liftkit...19945-up)/7457
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 09:41 AM   #4
sowilliams
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster59 View Post
I have the plan, and it has been partially initiated but interrupted by another project. I'm using a 1/4" aluminum plate to replace the plastic bumper/axle cover on my 96 gas TXT. Enlarged the bolts that hold it up under the cowl. Then my brush guard will be reinforced with the universal mounting plate from Harbor Freight welded to it. The back side of the mounting plate will be bolted to the aluminum plate hung from the cowl.

It is essentially mounted like Jake's EZGO TXT Winch Mount Bumper, with the added rigidity of the brush guard. The Jake's item looks mounted weakly but they claim it is fine. I don't expect to winch myself out of a jam, just use it to drag items to me like a dead deer down in a draw or out of a tight spot. My days of bashing through huge mud holes has passed for more sedate terrain.

http://www.jakesliftkits.com/liftkit...19945-up)/7457
I think I understand but does your brush guard wrap around and connect to the frame?
Old 04-27-2018, 09:48 AM   #5
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

In this photo you can see the brush guard and alum plate under the cowl. All the lights are now mounted on the brush guard. The winch plate will be welded to the narrow loop at the bottom of the brush guard, extending back to the black alum plate. The brush guard is a pretty heavy one, not decorative tube like some. It has been smacked pretty hard a few times, accidentally, and not budged 1/16".

I used four 5/16" grade 8 bolts to mount the plate at the top. I did it without removing the cowl but had to use a pneumatic right angle drill with shorty bits to get in there. I have some 1" steel channel to weld along the top of the guard tube to stiffen it and provide a flat place to weld some 1/4" steel plates to the channel. Then another steel strip 1/4" x 3" will be welded to the back edge of the horizontal plates to allow bolting to the aluminum vertical/diagonal plate.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 625SD Jan 2018 B (800x450).jpg (1.13 MB, 0 views)
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 09:58 AM   #6
sowilliams
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster59 View Post
In this photo you can see the brush guard and alum plate under the cowl. All the lights are now mounted on the brush guard. The winch plate will be welded to the narrow loop at the bottom of the brush guard, extending back to the black alum plate. The brush guard is a pretty heavy one, not decorative tube like some. It has been smacked pretty hard a few times, accidentally, and not budged 1/16".

I used four 5/16" grade 8 bolts to mount the plate at the top. I did it without removing the cowl but had to use a pneumatic right angle drill with shorty bits to get in there. I have some 1" steel channel to weld along the top of the guard tube to stiffen it and provide a flat place to weld some 1/4" steel plates to the channel. Then another steel strip 1/4" x 3" will be welded to the back edge of the horizontal plates to allow bolting to the aluminum vertical/diagonal plate.
Got it, Thanks!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO