lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-04-2018, 05:37 PM   #11
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Default Re: Couple voltage and battery questions

yes call around , you will surprised price of a complete pack can swing up to a $100 from place to place
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-01-2018, 12:23 PM   #12
bospider01
Getting Wild
Club Car

Thought I would update, especially since I'm more confused than before...

Bought brand new Trojan batteries and installed them Friday afternoon. They have been on the charger since. I unplugged today and went for a little spin. After unplugging, the digital voltage gauge it read 50.9 and then slowly dropped over the course of 5 minutes to 50.5
When driving down the road under full acceleration or load it dropped down to 45.9 but then climbed right back up to about 46.8-47.2

Thoughts?
bospider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 01:09 PM   #13
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Read this http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...batteries.html to help answer all that and more....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 05:33 PM   #14
bospider01
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Read this http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...batteries.html to help answer all that and more....

Maybe you could help me out a little bit more. I didn't see anything in that thread, or download, or pictures, that help me answer my question of why my brand new batteries are showing a discharge voltage of 46 maybe I just missed it but I really didn't see it. Please help
Old 07-03-2018, 05:38 PM   #15
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

It was the .pdf document in post #4. Look here http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...tml#post480598
Old 07-04-2018, 11:27 AM   #16
bospider01
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
It was the .pdf document in post #4. Look here http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...tml#post480598
Oh, you're talking about the break in process. So, after going through that, I should see the voltage go to 100% and trend normal?
Old 07-04-2018, 02:46 PM   #17
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Yes you should. Until the batteries completely break in and season, they are no where near their full potential as you are braking in the plates and cells.
Old 07-04-2018, 04:16 PM   #18
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
When driving down the road under full acceleration or load it dropped down to 45.9 but then climbed right back up to about 46.8-47.2
When driving the voltage is going to be jumping all over the place. The voltage reading that matters is the one that you take when you get home and park it. The longer you wait the more accurate the reading. Wait at least 5 minutes and then do your SOC reading. I'm not saying that the other readings are unimportant but you use them when you are troubleshooting. Find your largest hill and make a mental note of how far the voltage drops. This is the reference voltage for your load test. Now in the future if you suspect your batteries are going out do the load test again and compare the two voltages. They should be within a few volts depending on the temp.
BTW I got new US Batteries last month and they are just now up to 50.7v's
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car