lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-18-2018, 05:23 PM   #1
TxOutlaw
Not Yet Wild

Default 2000 TXT 36v won’t move, solendoid wont click

I’ve got 38v to battery pack, 6+ to each battery. Solonoid testing fine per test I found on axel addict website. I have voltage to the back of the charge port small white wire but it’s like 6v if I recall. The cart will still beep if put in reverse. Should I continue to petal switch and ignition? Kind of at a loss with all my googling! lol
TxOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-19-2018, 11:02 AM   #2
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2000 TXT 36v won’t move, solendoid wont click

Try the advanced search, there’s a bunch of posts about tracing the solenoid activation circuit. I’m not one of the gurus, but somethings wrong if you’re only getting 6v at the charge port. You should have pack voltage there, and through to the solenoid.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 11:07 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You should measure 36v + between the 2 small solenoid posts when you press the gas with key on/ in gear. If yes and no click replace solenoid
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 02:12 PM   #4
TxOutlaw
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
You should measure 36v + between the 2 small solenoid posts when you press the gas with key on/ in gear. If yes and no click replace solenoid
Zero voltage, no click with key on, forward or reverse, pedal engaged or not. Searching the web has me thinking it’s something else... I am not sure why I wouldn’t have 36v at the charge port?? Hmmm should I bypass the reed and test again? Thanks Scotty

Thanks Orangeman6, I did find a better write up as the diagram was confusing the mess out of me.
Old 06-19-2018, 08:27 PM   #5
TxOutlaw
Not Yet Wild

This is a series cart, BTW... sorry couldn’t edit the last post! Plan is to follow that diagram for series but also find out why I don’t have all 36v at the charge port small white wire... raining too hard to figure it out this eve...
Old 06-19-2018, 08:32 PM   #6
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Are you sure about your pack voltage?
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 09:05 PM   #7
TxOutlaw
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxOutlaw View Post
Zero voltage, no click with key on, forward or reverse, pedal engaged or not. Searching the web has me thinking it’s something else... I am not sure why I wouldn’t have 36v at the charge port?? Hmmm should I bypass the reed and test again? Thanks Scotty

Thanks Orangeman6, I did find a better write up as the diagram was confusing the mess out of me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
Are you sure about your pack voltage?
Yup. I checked and re checked the other day. If I am learning correct, voltage goes to the charger from the battery pack. Wouldn’t a back reed switch have zero voltage to the small white wire, not any voltage between 1-36??

Thanks!
Old 06-19-2018, 09:47 PM   #8
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Another thought. If this is a series cart, wouldn't that reed switch and extra wire go to a run/tow switch? Are you sure you have that? IDK.

Just trying to help. EZ GO guys can help more than me.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 10:26 PM   #9
TxOutlaw
Not Yet Wild

It doesn’t have a run/tow switch. I’m pretty sure it’s a series after the diagram I found here, it has the FR handle by the leg Area with the FR switch being the kind of A frame looking board...

Thanks again!
Old 06-20-2018, 08:37 AM   #10
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Large white and black wires at the charger port should have pack voltage. Small wire and black wire should also have pack voltage. If so check the red wire connected to the micro switch on the fnr switch for pack voltage between it and pack negative. Blue from there goes to the key switch and then green to the switch in the pedal box and then red back to the solenoid.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO