lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-29-2018, 01:28 AM   #1
sawacs
Not Yet Wild

Default 2018 Club Car Subaru Throttle Adjustment

I need some advice on adjusting the throttle on a Subaru powered Club Car Onward. So far, I have tried everything I can think of with no luck.

All I am trying to do is get the cart to run somewhere around 20 mph and be able to drive slowly with out surging. When I press down on the pedal, there is quite a bit of travel before the engine starts up and when it does start, it jolts you.

What I have done so far is take the slack out of the throttle cable by adjusting the two bolts under the front floorboard along with adjust the rearward most bolt shown in the picture. For some reason, I am unable to get the cart to accelerated smoothly.

The cart will run 20 to 21 which is perfect for me. However, if I adjust the bolt in the rear to get a somewhat smooth acceleration, the cart has no torque and takes forever to get up to speed. If the rear bolt is adjusted to add torque, the cart will jolt you back in the seat when it takes off: there is no happy medium.

Should I also ziptie the governor spring?

Advice would be most appreciated.

sawacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-30-2018, 12:11 AM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: 2018 Club Car Subaru Throttle Adjustment

High speed cable, OEM part number 103982002

It has a tighter spring on the end of it. It will allow you to go faster, but still maintain the ability to go slow.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 01:25 PM   #3
barneyz71
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawacs View Post
I need some advice on adjusting the throttle on a Subaru powered Club Car Onward. So far, I have tried everything I can think of with no luck.

All I am trying to do is get the cart to run somewhere around 20 mph and be able to drive slowly with out surging. When I press down on the pedal, there is quite a bit of travel before the engine starts up and when it does start, it jolts you.

What I have done so far is take the slack out of the throttle cable by adjusting the two bolts under the front floorboard along with adjust the rearward most bolt shown in the picture. For some reason, I am unable to get the cart to accelerated smoothly.

The cart will run 20 to 21 which is perfect for me. However, if I adjust the bolt in the rear to get a somewhat smooth acceleration, the cart has no torque and takes forever to get up to speed. If the rear bolt is adjusted to add torque, the cart will jolt you back in the seat when it takes off: there is no happy medium.

Should I also ziptie the governor spring?

Advice would be most appreciated.

Quit messing with those bolts and put them back to factory. Adjust the throttle cable under the floor 5 to 10 turns. That's all you need to do to get 25MPH out of it and still have it smooth at slow speeds. Remove any zip ties and put the bolts you adjusted back to factory. If you go to far on the throttle cable adjustment under the floor it becomes jerky and hard to drive a slow speeds. I can get 25MPH before it starts to lose it's slow speed ability and I still have great torque.
barneyz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 08:44 PM   #4
weed14007
Not Yet Wild

Is there a photo of the location of the adjustment?
weed14007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 11:58 AM   #5
weed14007
Not Yet Wild

It worked 100%. The cart accelerates smoothly, is much faster, and it was easy to do. I went the wrong way the first time, no problem realizing as the cart just went SLOW. Then I turned it the other way and zooooooooooom. Just right. Thank you!!!!!
Old 03-09-2019, 07:03 PM   #6
kenv
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

What's the easiest way to get the floor up to do the underfloor throttle adjustment ? Do I just peel it back from under the dashboard Do I take the hex screws off on the side strips of the cart ? Just don't want to break anything on this brand new car. Also...this is a 2019 Onward 6 passenger...if that makes a difference removing the floor with the front pod added from the factory. Appreciate any help. Thanks, Ken
kenv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 10:49 PM   #7
kenv
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

If it's not easy to take the floor off on my crew...can someone please post a picture of where I should do the zip tie instead?? I saw on another post several were asking for a pic of where/how the zip tie should go on the spring....but I haven't see a picture yet. Gotta get this thing faster than 20. :(
Old 03-10-2019, 07:50 AM   #8
weed14007
Not Yet Wild

The mat pulled away from the floor. I did not have to pull it over the peddles. I was able to access the panel that covers the throttle and brake cable. 1 plastic pin holds in place, a few turns on the throttle cable and it was dramatic. The mat did go back in place without ever loosening any screws or bolts. I did cut the mat on purpose in the corner, as the rubber mat would not go around the floor bolt in the corner. Used a flat screwdriver to press it under the flange on the seat side of the floor.
Old 03-10-2019, 10:41 AM   #9
kenv
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks weed. Is your's a 4 or 6 seater?
Old 03-10-2019, 11:43 AM   #10
weed14007
Not Yet Wild

mine is a 2 seater for the course, FORE
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car