lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-12-2018, 08:35 PM   #1
Dlab
Gone Wild

Default DS converted to solid state

Cart was a resistor cart, which I converted to solid state with Scotty Bs kit in March 2017. New batteries, dpi charger, All Trax SR48500, HD reversing contactor, 2 gauge cables, and AMD Beast tourque motor......

Cart is setup for hunting, and usually has snap your neck torque and typically runs 20+ mph and will spin the tires on takeoff.

The last 2 days it has been struggling. It would barely move earlier today with the voltmeter showing 50 volts. I ran a full charge cycle and it was better,13mph, but nowhere near the performance it should be getting, and has been getting... All Trax shows no codes, but stays green even at full go, shouldn’t the light turn Yellow at full go on the pot?

Any thoughts on what to check? I don’t get it, it was fine last week when I parked it
Dlab is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-12-2018, 08:40 PM   #2
Golfinw71
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: DS Help Please

What kind of accelerator component do you have? MCOR? Potbox? Problem could be there. Is reverse as fast as it should be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Golfinw71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 10:59 PM   #3
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Check and see if you have any loose, corroded cables in the pack.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 11:16 PM   #4
Dlab
Gone Wild

It’s a pot box. All components have always been coated in di-electric grease. Checked all cables and components, everything looks fine. Hadn’t stomped it in reverse yet, but if I do and it runs fine what exactly would that identify? Because I have it set where it’s wide open in F and R.

The thing went from beast mode to stock mode over night......Litterally
Old 09-13-2018, 06:27 AM   #5
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Unless your are losing the motor (or brushes), then go into the Alltrax Tool Kit and clear the throttle and let it Auto Cal again. (The yellow light means you are within the amperage of the controller field. Red means you are maxed out.)

And as noted above, a cable or single battery could be the culprit, so be sure to check them individually at the time the issue occurs.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 07:44 PM   #6
Dlab
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Unless your are losing the motor (or brushes), then go into the Alltrax Tool Kit and clear the throttle and let it Auto Cal again. (The yellow light means you are within the amperage of the controller field. Red means you are maxed out.)

And as noted above, a cable or single battery could be the culprit, so be sure to check them individually at the time the issue occurs.
Update, been in the Carolinas for 3 weeks working due to Hurricane Florence, just reset my Altrax to default settings, and everything is fine now. Thanks Nolefan,
Old 10-14-2018, 09:06 PM   #7
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Glad you are going and thanks for all the hard work with the hurricane dilemmas....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car