lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-28-2018, 08:53 PM   #1
GoNfast#38
Not Yet Wild

Default 96 TXT series - Should I convert to PDS?

I am starting a build with nothing much more than a frame and axle and steering. I want to build something with more speed and torque than stock. I plan on having a rear seat, lift kit and 22"s. I was looking into it and was considering a D&D motor, alltrax 500 amp SC, and converting it to 48V. Max I can get is 19mph according to D&D site. If I had PDS, I could get to 24mph with motor and SC. So other than the forward and reverse switch, and some wiring, should I switch to PDS? I know a series is a workhorse, but I don't plan on doing much heavy towing etc with it. Mostly just driving around the neighborhood with mild rolling hills. I might pull my utility trailer around the yard once in a while but that's about it. So would the PDS conversion be better? Any help is appreciated.
GoNfast#38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-28-2018, 09:02 PM   #2
agpfl
Wild Gone

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 96 TXT series - Should I convert to PDS?

I say PDS. I did a series to PDS build and could not be happier. I wanted a neighborhood cruiser on flat streets and sidewalks. If you dont already have the batteries defiantly go 48v or Lithium.
agpfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 07:54 AM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I will second that but don’t worry about PDS naming. You want Sepex. I would suggest a Curtis 1268 controller in 400 or 500 amp. All you need is the harness connection and it will fit nicely in your cart. Also allows the ability to have 2 speed modes so you can set up a turtle mode with torque and a speed mode as well. Just have to have access to a Curtis handheld to set it up. If you want to go simple just get an alltrax in whatever harness variation you can get in the ezgo flavors.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 09:18 AM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

what else do you use your cart for? is it strictly on road? do you use if for creeping along at slower speeds at times?

I personally have a SERIES cart.....its lifted, its got a back seat and I can go off road at times when I need to......AND my cart has a TOP END of 30 MPH. it all depends of how you truly use your cart as to which drive system is best suited.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 08:07 PM   #5
GoNfast#38
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the responses

It will mostly be cruising the neighborhood. 2 blocks to the bus stop and back. But we live in a rural subdivision so there may be some mild off roading as well.
Old 09-29-2018, 08:12 PM   #6
GoNfast#38
Not Yet Wild

I was reading up on ScottyB'd's web site last night. I am thinking of going with the alltrax 500 or 600 SC along with 2ga wires and the push button FNR, and keep the stock motor for now. Any Idea of what kind of speed I would get out of that with 22's?

Maybe Scotty will chime in here.....
Old 09-29-2018, 08:12 PM   #7
GoNfast#38
Not Yet Wild

OK, as a new member, this is my third post in an hour.....
Old 09-30-2018, 09:08 AM   #8
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoNfast#38 View Post
I was reading up on ScottyB'd's web site last night. I am thinking of going with the alltrax 500 or 600 SC along with 2ga wires and the push button FNR, and keep the stock motor for now. Any Idea of what kind of speed I would get out of that with 22's?

Maybe Scotty will chime in here.....
seeing as you have a SERIES drive system, and a stock motor, if you remain at 36v.....your speed will remain slightly above stock speed (only 1 or 2 mph more) however if you make the jump to 48v and still keep the stock motor, you will get a 30% jump in both torque and speed. if you need/want more, you will be looking at a new/different motor.
Old 09-30-2018, 10:31 AM   #9
GoNfast#38
Not Yet Wild

I definitely will make the jump to 48v. If I make all the other changes I can see what I have, then jump to to motor if I want more. Of course I am gonna want more. Who doesn't want more? My other toy is a Polaris Slingshot that I supercharged. I like speed and torque.
Old 09-30-2018, 06:35 PM   #10
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoNfast#38 View Post
I definitely will make the jump to 48v. If I make all the other changes I can see what I have, then jump to to motor if I want more. Of course I am gonna want more. Who doesn't want more? My other toy is a Polaris Slingshot that I supercharged. I like speed and torque.
I BET YOU DO!!! I know how you feel, this is my daily driver!

FRONT QTR A.jpg
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO