lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-11-2018, 06:41 PM   #11
wbhess
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: PDS Gremmlins

I have not had a chance to check any of the pin connections. I loaded it on my truck at the campground and dropped it off at my local Golf Cart repair shop. They did a few test and determined it was a bad controller. All the guy said was "you're getting power to the controller, but no power is coming from the controller. Is there anything I can test (other than what JohnnieB recommended) when I pick it up tomorrow? He didnt even plug into the controller. Would the alltrax toolkit tell me whats wrong?
wbhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-11-2018, 06:56 PM   #12
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

It could tell you if the controller was being told to output "something". In other words, if it were getting a "go" signal from the throttle MS, and a "go this fast" signal from the ITS.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 04:21 PM   #13
wbhess
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I hooked up to the alltrax toolkit. The controller is blinking 4 green lights and that's it. I tried to manually run the fan but it said the KSI is off. I am assuming it means KeySwitchInput? Correct me if I'm wrong. The key switch is turned on. I am not getting any lights or reverse buzzer from my cart. Pack voltage reads 37.2 volts. There are no error flags in the monitor screen and the monitor screen is saying Keyswitch input, F/R input switches are both off regardless if I'm flipping between forward and reverse.
Old 10-12-2018, 05:40 PM   #14
Fegarex
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Perhaps this sounds too simplistic but do you have power to the one side of the switch? And what about when it is "on"?
Switches do go bad.
Fegarex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 07:56 PM   #15
wbhess
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I thought switch right away. There are 6 different points on the back of the switch. If I remember correctly I was getting pack voltage at all the points.
Old 10-12-2018, 10:07 PM   #16
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

6? Key switch? If your shop didn’t fix and is leaving that to you I would flip the cart to tow, disconnect the pack negative and positive, disconnect the harness connectors going into the controller, and start checking though the switches using the diagram Johnnieb posted. Should be able to check all of them for continuity.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO