lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-13-2018, 12:58 AM   #1
urbanbuggy
Not Yet Wild

Default only 40min runtime?

rebuilt 6passenger club car precedent 48v, straight beast mode. 500amp controller, high speed, high torque motor from nivel, led underglow, soumd system. led light bars x2, led headlights, every bell and whistle you can think of. new trojans. 4ga wiring thru out. HD solenoid. built right does 40min total runtime seem low? curious to see if anyone with high performance options has received on total runtime. hoping scottyb has some insight :) thank you..40min seem low but theres a lot on this cart. top speed about 27mph..6in lift on 23in tires..
urbanbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-13-2018, 07:27 AM   #2
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Re: only 40min runtime?

Big cart, big motor, big controller. 40 minutes at say 20 mph = maybe 15 miles.

Just think about a trip down the road from where you live that far.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 10:50 AM   #3
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Brand new batteries do take about 20-40 cycles to break in. Their capacity should improve over the next month or so, but don’t expect to run all day with all of the power consuming goodies you’ve put on.

Running at speed is when a motor uses the least power. It’s the takeoff that uses the most. Frequently climbing hills would be the next. Use a lighter foot when you’re accelerating and you’ll get better range from the pack.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 10:58 AM   #4
HaulnA$$
Getting Wild
Club Car

How are all those accessories hooked up? What battery setup, four 12V or six 8V? The configuration of the power system can have a big impact on runtime.
HaulnA$$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 10:58 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I agree. When broke in properly the pack will provide 100 minutes of run time for a stock cart.... which means 18" tires, 2 passengers, 2-3 hp motor, no stereo, under glow, or juice bar
All the addons can reduce the cart's efficiency. The tire size change alone reduces power by 22% and I'll bet the motor is 3Xs as big as original... SO you add all this up and it still sounds like you are getting shorted a bit.....but we have no idea of the efficiency of the motor unless you have an Alltrax controller and can post a monitor file. That would be interesting to see.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car