lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-14-2018, 08:56 AM   #11
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Dead shorted switched hot wire on 2013 CC Prec

Quote:
Originally Posted by sts5859 View Post
I am getting power to the switch as the accessories I installed all work. One of those items was a charge meter. I used the hole in the dash from the low charge warning light to mount the new one. What I did was take 48 volt hot from the switch but I needed a ground so I took it from the ground that went to the low charge indicator light. I then ran the hot and negative to the charge status indicator and a voltage step down to power a cell phone charging system. I touched the negative fron the warning light to the positive from the switch.
I was going to pull back apart to test run tow but looks like that is not the issue. Any more thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
If You are referring to the "Orange Light" on the left side of the dash, there is no "ground" there, both of those wires are positive as that is not just a light but it also has an IR LED inside that outputs data.

If You have an OBC, that wire is the output of the OBC otherwise if it is an ERIC charger, that wire goes directly to the Controller.

There is an unused Black/Yellow stripe wire terminated with a female 1/4" quick connector behind the dash that is intended to be used as a negative.

Disconnect anything that you plugged to that Brown/White wire before You cause any more damage.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-14-2018, 10:30 AM   #12
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Dead shorted switched hot wire on 2013 CC Prec

NeverMind
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car