lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-18-2019, 12:14 PM   #1
Mark Land
Not Yet Wild

Default 2005 MPT1000 solenoid clicks on and off when pedal is pushed

I have the cart above, worked great when I 1st got it but after some time it started to act up. Would and still does run fine when I 1st get on it but after the 1st use, when you step on the pedal, whether in forward or reverse, the solenoid will cick twice and the cart will not go and have to keep stepping on the pedal repeatedly till it finally goes, runs out fine then. But as soon as you let off and the solenoid clicks off you will have to repeatedly step on the pedal to get it to go.
If the solenoid does only click on once, I sometimes still have to work the pedal back and forth to get it to go other times it takes right off.

Things I have done:
All 2g battery and motor cable replacement, cleaned and dielectric grease on all connections, all connections tight
Batteries charge fine and hold just under 52V after a couple of trips running around still maintain over 50V
Replaced solenoid with SW180, does the same thing with old or new solenoid, new resistor and diode
If I jump the blue wire on solenoid to negative on battery the solenoid clicks once and sometimes will go, other times have to keep moving pedal
Replaced ITS and adjusted, did better for short time, then back to normal
Reed switch bypassed
Micro switch seems to be working properly
Checked all connections, cleaned and greased all harness plugs
Fixed broken red splice wire in harness on passenger side
Checked continuity on every wire I could gain access to

Curtis 1264-5407 controller
Usually gives me the 3-1 code but on occasion will throw a 5-2 code
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1630.jpg (195.1 KB, 0 views)
Mark Land is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-20-2019, 11:46 AM   #2
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2005 MPT1000 solenoid clicks on and off when pedal is pushed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Land View Post
Replaced ITS and adjusted, did better for short time, then back to normal
I assume you mean 'normal' as your normally broken state.

If you replaced the ITS and it worked fine, then it stopped working I'd wonder if it were the wiring connected to the ITS. Did you trace the wires back to see if anything had shorted out against the frame?
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 02:28 PM   #3
Mark Land
Not Yet Wild

Yes broken state. I have checked all the exposed wiring that I can get to, but did not break into the contained harness out of sight other than to fix the broken splice. I am leaning more towards a wire issue myself now and thinking about removing all the plugs and just hard wiring them instead. I know a lot of the plugs had corrosion on them and subject at best, tried to clean up and grease as much as I could.
Old 03-20-2019, 02:56 PM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Those codes are coil related so I would check it out first. With the solenoid supposably engauged measure for voltage on both sides of the main terminals
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 03:20 PM   #5
Mark Land
Not Yet Wild

Sorry for delay !
Ran cart again and did fine but still throwing 5-2 code. Checked voltage across large terminals on solenoid with pedal pressed to engage. Volt meter reading 50.3 at rest. Got 48.7 on controller side and 50.3 on battery side.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO