lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-22-2019, 10:23 AM   #11
rachel1215
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Need Help with wires

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPAT22 View Post
If it has a lever that you have to force between Forward and Reverse, and it’s not just some kind of switch on the dashboard somewhere,then it is a Series cart.
It is a switch on the dashboard
rachel1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-22-2019, 10:25 AM   #12
rachel1215
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeL View Post
My guess is it is a PDS. Do you have a forward and reverse switch on the dashboard or under your legs?
it has a reverse switch on the dashboard
Old 07-22-2019, 10:35 AM   #13
rachel1215
Not Yet Wild

last night my husband reconnected what ever it was that he had disconnected (buzzer & ?brake lights at the battery?) long ago. We did the diagnostic test last night also...it indicated the 2:1 beep fault code for low/bad battery thus limited or restricted mode. The thing is the batteries are brand new; like a week old. So we looked at all the connections and while they are correct, 2 of the connections are pretty rough (corroded at the wires). I'm assuming we should have bought new wires when we got the batteries. So, we are going to install the new wires today and let it charge all the way up (again) today and see what it does.
Old 07-22-2019, 10:47 AM   #14
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Do you have a multimeter to check the pack voltage?
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 10:49 AM   #15
rachel1215
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
My guess is it is a PDS. Do you have a forward and reverse switch on the dashboard or under your legs?
2009 TXT body style with a PDS drive system.
Old 07-22-2019, 10:50 AM   #16
rachel1215
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Do you have a multimeter to check the pack voltage?
yes, but I don't know how . Ill have to wait until the husband gets home to check it.
Old 07-22-2019, 10:56 AM   #17
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Put it on DC voltage and put the leads on the main pack negative and positive.
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 11:09 AM   #18
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Whatever body style the cart has, it sounds like it is a sepex drive.

You mentioned a dash mounted F/R switch and a 2-1 beeped error code, which narrows it down to a 36V PDS.

The disconnected wires close to the front and rear tires are for the lighting and
are not the cause of the reverse issue.

I might be wrong, but your statement about letting the batteries charge all the way up (again) might indicate the batteries are not being recharged after each use as they should be. Basically, unless the cart is in use, the battery charger ought to be connected.

--------------
When the cart won't do reverse, try toggling the Run/Tow switch to Tow , wait half a minute and then back to Run. Does the cart now run in reverse?

Also, the beeper should not be disconnected. Putting tape over it will take the rough edge off the irritating sound.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 11:14 AM   #19
rachel1215
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Put it on DC voltage and put the leads on the main pack negative and positive.
How do I know which one is the "main pack"?
Old 07-22-2019, 11:26 AM   #20
rachel1215
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Whatever body style the cart has, it sounds like it is a sepex drive.

You mentioned a dash mounted F/R switch and a 2-1 beeped error code, which narrows it down to a 36V PDS.

The disconnected wires close to the front and rear tires are for the lighting and
are not the cause of the reverse issue.

I might be wrong, but your statement about letting the batteries charge all the way up (again) might indicate the batteries are not being recharged after each use as they should be. Basically, unless the cart is in use, the battery charger ought to be connected.

--------------
When the cart won't do reverse, try toggling the Run/Tow switch to Tow , wait half a minute and then back to Run. Does the cart now run in reverse?

Also, the beeper should not be disconnected. Putting tape over it will take the rough edge off the irritating sound.
It is not on the charger constant when not in use....you are correct. We are doing some work on our garage and then it will be able to (once again) accommodate the cart full time. When we replaced the batteries last week, the cart was charges all the way;magically the reverse worked no problem (much to our surprise). Then as the week went on and with correct charging (to full after each use) but not constant charging, the reverse does not work again. I'm guessing constant charging is the only correct way to charge? The other night I charged it to full (solid constant green on the charger) in hopes of the issue resolve; no dice. I will try the toggle of the tow switch you suggest and report back with results.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO