lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-17-2019, 04:11 PM   #11
OnTheFence
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Navitas No Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
Connecting a Curtis controller to power while not in tow mode will likely corrupt the controller. I can usually reflash a corrupted Curtis controller and bring it back to usable condition.

Bob

What are you willing to do as far as opening it up if I am using 23” tires? I don’t need to go 30mph, I am just looking to improve torque. Understanding that the 350amp is the king, I just don’t have it the budget for an 1800 controller and via google can’t seem to find them anywhere for less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OnTheFence is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-17-2019, 06:30 PM   #12
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheFence View Post
What are you willing to do as far as opening it up if I am using 23” tires? I don’t need to go 30mph, I am just looking to improve torque. Understanding that the 350amp is the king, I just don’t have it the budget for an 1800 controller and via google can’t seem to find them anywhere for less.
The stock controller would have to be turned down in accel and the motor mapping for current, just to survive 23" tires long term. My tuning is all about performance. I have only done 23" tire survival tuning once on an RXV. I have not heard from him since, so I guess it still lives. LOL

Another member here bought a 350A Curtis controller yesterday for under $800, so they are available from time to time. I've had luck buying from FSIP once, they had one when I called to ask. Most of the time they are out if stock, but inventory is fluid. The Curtis part numbers are 1206AC-5350 and 1206AC-5360.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 06:55 PM   #13
OnTheFence
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
The stock controller would have to be turned down in accel and the motor mapping for current, just to survive 23" tires long term. My tuning is all about performance. I have only done 23" tire survival tuning once on an RXV. I have not heard from him since, so I guess it still lives. LOL

Another member here bought a 350A Curtis controller yesterday for under $800, so they are available from time to time. I've had luck buying from FSIP once, they had one when I called to ask. Most of the time they are out if stock, but inventory is fluid. The Curtis part numbers are 1206AC-5350 and 1206AC-5360.

Ok i am willing to be the second victim. Otherwise I still need to get back to stock.

Pm me with your price and shipping info.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OnTheFence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 08:33 PM   #14
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheFence View Post
Ok i am willing to be the second victim. Otherwise I still need to get back to stock.

Pm me with your price and shipping info.

Thanks
There is no price other than you pay for shipping both ways. PM usgicollector for the instructions and address to send it to.

Bob
Old 08-17-2019, 10:30 PM   #15
garrifij
Not Yet Wild

Hi Bob,

I might be the guy that scored the $800 controller. I've been in touch with usgicollector and am just awaiting the part to arrive - as well as your contact info. A donation for your time will be included, of course.

It should arrive on Wednesday and I plan on installing it first, just to make sure that's the culprit. That shouldn't hurt anything in your upgrade process, correct? (I only plan on making sure the cart can release the brake and then maybe a small run on my driveway)

Your PM box is full, but when you get a chance, I'd love the opportunity to connect with you.

Thank you sir!
garrifij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 02:56 AM   #16
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by garrifij View Post
Hi Bob,

I might be the guy that scored the $800 controller. I've been in touch with usgicollector and am just awaiting the part to arrive - as well as your contact info. A donation for your time will be included, of course.

It should arrive on Wednesday and I plan on installing it first, just to make sure that's the culprit. That shouldn't hurt anything in your upgrade process, correct? (I only plan on making sure the cart can release the brake and then maybe a small run on my driveway)

Your PM box is full, but when you get a chance, I'd love the opportunity to connect with you.

Thank you sir!

Get my email address from Jeff. My PM is going to stay full.
Old 08-18-2019, 06:46 PM   #17
garrifij
Not Yet Wild

got it, thanks Bob. email on the way in the next few days
garrifij is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO