lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-25-2020, 09:42 AM   #1
Duramax89
Not Yet Wild

Default 88 club car 36v slow in forward fast in reverse

Hey guys, I tried searching the forum first to see if I found the solution. Got a new to me 88 ds I believe. I’m trying to find the correct wiring diagram but my main issue is the cart creeps in forward and seem to have full power in reverse. Guy originally got rid of it cuz he couldn’t get it to charge so I’m. Or suspecting he messed a bunch with the wiring. Any info will help thanks everyone
Duramax89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-25-2020, 12:00 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: 88 club car 36v slow in forward fast in reverse

He probably has the wiring for the FnR switch wrong.
There will be two cables on the bottom of the FnR switch, one to the packs main positive and one to the center of the pack somewhere. The one from the center of the pack is to provide a reduced voltage for slower reverse speed.

On the bottom of the FnR switch there should be two stubs. The stub on the Bottom Left is typicaly used for Forward power, and should have a cable running to the pack main positive terminal. This is also where the positive wire from the charge receptacle should be connected.

The stub on the Bottom Right is usually used for Reverse power, and should have a cable going to somewhere in the center of the pack to provide 18 or 24v reverse power.

If you prefer to have the same speed forward and reverse, Remove the cable that runs to the center of the pack and connect it to the Main pack positive same as the other cable. You can also remove it altogether and install a jumper bar across the bottom stubs to provide the same power to both.

There is more than one way to skin a cat so it could help if you can post some pictures of wiring on the FnR switch and the battery wiring. You'll also want to verify that the other cables on the FnR switch go to the proper places on the motor.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 12:41 PM   #3
Budule
Gone Wild

Club Car

should be this.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VdlideWiringcolor.jpg (60.6 KB, 0 views)
Budule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 04:15 PM   #4
michaelbasrringer
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I have the opposite problem, i recently purchased a 87 Club car, the man i bought it from said it needed batteries, i got it home and low and behold all 6 batteries were dry, i filled them up with water, charged the cart and it seemed to move ok in forward but barely at all in reverse, i did some research and I thought it was the F&R switch so i bough one, installed it same problem. So i bought a new set of batteries, same problem, looked online again, tried the trick to swap the two wires on the F&R switch, the cart will then work fine in reverse but not move in forward, any help would be appreciated. FYI, i am not very electrically inclined, i don't have a volt meter or any electrical experience.
michaelbasrringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 06:11 PM   #5
michaelbasrringer
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Never-mind, I followed the instructions above and it's now working.
michaelbasrringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car