lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-22-2020, 11:58 AM   #1
derekfertig
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default First post -- new owner club car precedent -- shaking very badly when going 25mph

Hi Everyone, sorry if this is a silly first post.

I've just gotten my club car -- purchased from a custom type of shop locally here, where we had it custom built using a club car precedent frame -- it has the alph body conversion, 6 passenger, 6" Mad Jax lift kit.

We have the high speed controller that allows the cart to go around 25mph or so -- and I've noticed that the car shakes...A LOT.

The (frame? -- am i saying that right?) -- that supports the canopy is shaking all over the place. I have a bluetooth speaker mounted in the back, and that thing is bouncing up and down like crazy.

I've got street tires on it, so its not the all terrain/offroad tires... Maybe I am just being picky, but is this normal?
derekfertig is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-22-2020, 12:49 PM   #2
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: First post -- new owner club car precedent -- shaking very badly when going 25mph

to BGW

It shouldn't shake that much, especially with street tires, so something isn't right. I would jack up all four wheels and inspect them. Make sure all lugs are tight, shake each wheel to check for play, and take note of any tread wear abnormalities.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 01:11 PM   #3
derekfertig
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: First post -- new owner club car precedent -- shaking very badly when going 25mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
to BGW

It shouldn't shake that much, especially with street tires, so something isn't right. I would jack up all four wheels and inspect them. Make sure all lugs are tight, shake each wheel to check for play, and take note of any tread wear abnormalities.
I will check that -- the rims are brand new, tires are brand new -- 2 months old..

Not sure I'm feeling the place where I bought it to inspect it... any other places that you guys would recommend in south florida/fort Lauderdale area?
derekfertig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 01:30 PM   #4
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Maybe a tire out of balance. Not all tire shops have the equip to balance them. Check around.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 07:17 PM   #5
yensidcamper
Getting Wild
Club Car

The canopy on my stock golf cart shakes at 14 mph. I can imagine an extended top would shake quite a bit. Do you feel it in your seat? If so, I had a bad tire once that needed to be replaced and it fixed my problem. The canopy however still moves a little, those little supports have some give in them.
yensidcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car