lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-06-2009, 08:03 AM   #21
jakj
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 92 Marathon Ez go wont go up hill

Jon I have not decided against the belt mod, It's just that our local golf cart shop did not recommend it? He said the cart will lurch when you first hit the peddle and he did not say it would make climbing hills any better. I am open to changing the belt if you think it would make the cart climb hills. The belt that is on there now is 40 3/4 #1351 I dont know who makes it there is no name on it. It trust you more than the local, if you think a smaller belt will do it, please let me know what to put on it. 92 ezgo gas 4 stroke. I'm not looking for speed as we can only go 5-10 mph in the campground, I just want it to go up the hills when I come to a hill or I am stopped on a hill without bogging down.

Jerry
jakj is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-06-2009, 08:05 AM   #22
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I think you got some bad advice from your local dealer ..... Try the shorter belt...It is the one for a 2 stroke ezgo gasser.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:11 AM   #23
jakj
Not Yet Wild

scottyb, any idea if these belts can be bought at Napa, and would you have the size and part number I should ask for? What your telling me is if I have to go back to the dealer I should ask for a belt for a 92 2 stroke ezgo gas cart?
Old 05-06-2009, 08:27 AM   #24
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

91-94 medalist used the same size belts as the 2 stroke so while that formula works for newer 4 strokes it will not work for you......your orig belt is 1-3/16 by 40-3/4 so go to napa and see if you can find the same width 1 inch shorter. Or shop online at ATV and Snowmobile supply houses like this? ..... Good luck

http://www.mfgsupply.com/m/c/index.html?id=MwFr6Igv
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 09:17 AM   #25
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

The dealer is on the right track and it is a free mod to try. By adding more (pre wrap) to the driven clutch you will cause the engine to rev a little higher in relation to ground speed much like the 28 degree ramp modification.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 09:52 AM   #26
jakj
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
91-94 medalist used the same size belts as the 2 stroke so while that formula works for newer 4 strokes it will not work for you......your orig belt is 1-3/16 by 40-3/4 so go to napa and see if you can find the same width 1 inch shorter. Or shop online at ATV and Snowmobile supply houses like this? ..... Good luck

Thanks for the info scottyb. I went back to the dealer and got a yamaha belt #J55-G6241-00 OEM which is 1 3/16 x 39. It's approx 1 3/4 shorter than the stock belt. I hope it works or I will now own a $34.00 belt I cant use. I will let you know.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:37 PM   #27
jakj
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post

Scottyb, I am not sure if you read my other post. I picked up a yamaha belt it is 1 3/16 x 39, I am guessing that will work and the fact that is is almost 2 inches smaller wont matter?
Old 05-06-2009, 02:30 PM   #28
ruredy
Born Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOmsman View Post
The dealer is on the right track and it is a free mod to try. By adding more (pre wrap) to the driven clutch you will cause the engine to rev a little higher in relation to ground speed much like the 28 degree ramp modification.
his dealer wasn't talking about the driven clutch unless they started making them with covers that are bolted on that I don't know about. I simply can't see where un-coiling the drive clutch spring is going to help. It's not much of a spring anyway, beside you control those with different weights, not by putting the spring in a bind. the spring only servers to open the drive clutch back up when the spinning weights slow down enough.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 03:11 PM   #29
Loud & Lifted
Here for the beer

E-Z-GO

The shorter belt worked great on my txt. It's gonna be hard to get on. If your arm is bad you may need some help. By the way when it comes to gas ez-go's ruredy really knows what he's talking about. He's been dead on with every question I ever asked him.
Loud & Lifted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 03:18 PM   #30
jakj
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud & Lifted View Post
The shorter belt worked great on my txt. It's gonna be hard to get on. If your arm is bad you may need some help. By the way when it comes to gas ez-go's ruredy really knows what he's talking about. He's been dead on with every question I ever asked him.
Yup I agree, I have been a pain right in Ruredy's butt with all my questions . The belt that was on there was 40 3/4 the one I am replacing it with is 39" do you think that will make it pull hills better?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO