lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-14-2020, 08:25 AM   #1
COrocket
Not Yet Wild

Default Precedent excessive negative camber

Hi everyone - I’m running a 2007 Precedent with a Jake’s 3” spindle lift and 18” all terrain tires. When viewed from the front it appears I have an evenly distributed excessive negative camber that looks worse in person and especially on a concrete surface. To be honest I don’t have any complaints about the driving experience itself besides a noticeably larger turning radius which is puzzling. When I installed the lift kit I made sure the leaf spring was centered and was able to set the toe in correctly. I’m not seeing any weird tire wear so far driving mostly on dirt and gravel. Really I’d just prefer to get rid of the current look that an elephant is sitting in the cart....

To fix this I was looking at a kingpin camber correction kit https://cartpartsdirect.com/products...SABEgLGWPD_BwE since I’m running a stock front suspension with the exception of the spindles. From my understanding the stock A arms and leaf spring are not adjustable otherwise? Would replacing the front leaf spring with a heavy duty one help? The cart is 13 years old so I wasn’t sure if leaf springs lose their bounce and gradually flatten over time. The A arms don’t look bent but I could replace those also. Just looking for some wisdom before I start throwing money at replacement parts
COrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-14-2020, 03:57 PM   #2
LT4Ryan
Getting Wild

Default Re: Precedent excessive negative camber

I don’t think Club Car calls for a specific measurement on camber either way (+/-), just that it is the same on both sides. I’d say if your toe in is set correctly you’re good.

Others may chime in about the drawbacks of spindle lifts, I’m all stock.
LT4Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 07:12 PM   #3
COrocket
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Ryan View Post
I don’t think Club Car calls for a specific measurement on camber either way (+/-), just that it is the same on both sides. I’d say if your toe in is set correctly you’re good.

Others may chime in about the drawbacks of spindle lifts, I’m all stock.
Thanks - I think you are right about centering the leaf spring is the best you can do. I ordered those modified kingpins and I’ll report back and see how much they help
COrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 09:42 PM   #4
t1225
Not Yet Wild

Please update. I'm interested in the install. I just ordered the camber correction kit and hope it helps.
t1225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 12:24 PM   #5
jerrykrug
Not Yet Wild

i am having the same problem, did you install the kingpin camber correction kit ? i have a 4" lift A arm lift & hoping this worked
jerrykrug is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car