lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-12-2020, 05:22 PM   #1
brundog17
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Yamaha Charger

Hey guys, got another one for ya. I have a 2015 Yamaha G29 and the charger I have is a Yamaha JW9-82107-01. Lately the charger has been acting up, red power light will be on but when I plug it into the cart the yellow light will blink for 10 seconds or so, then all lights will flash once, then it’ll go back to red on and yellow blinking. It seems to still charge from time to time and I’m reading 51.7V at the battery bank and charger port on the cart, so I’m guessing it’s a charger issue. Any thoughts?

Also forgot to say sometimes all lights on the charger just turn off, and other times the yellow charging light will stay solid like it’s charging and the green light will blink. All over the place.
brundog17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-12-2020, 05:31 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha Charger

Charger is probably done. There are no repair parts, it's a throwaway unit. Get something better.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 06:32 PM   #3
brundog17
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Well that sucks, but what I sort of figured. Ok thanks CG.
Old 07-12-2020, 06:45 PM   #4
brundog17
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Do you have any suggestions on good chargers for a Yamaha?
Old 07-13-2020, 08:22 AM   #5
timstreet
Not Yet Wild

I've read that the Lester Summit II is a great charger. I'm looking to buy one of those.
timstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 06:58 AM   #6
wannabass
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I think i have the same problem with a 2008 charger JW2-H2107-01 Yamaha charger. i installed a new set of batteries and it started acting like the original post.
Is there any to test to be sure?
Considering the MODZ charger? not sure if the DPI is that much better for the extra 50 bucks.
Thanks in advance for any info!
wannabass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 02:01 PM   #7
cgtech

Yamaha

Yeah, probe the 2 horizontally opposed sockets in the charge port. Voltage must match the total pack voltage tested on the batteries theirselves (perhaps the charge port wires werent installed correctly when batteries were done). If it does match & charger doesnt work, bad charger.
Old 07-29-2020, 07:37 PM   #8
plowman
Getting Wild

i have good used yammy chargers 100 bucks, and the best new charger money can buy, ( my opinion ) but im picky!
plowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 04:44 AM   #9
wannabass
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

So i was ready to order a DPI charger and something I read on the form got me thinking maybe the batteries had charged unevenly since i was topping them up individually. I drove it around for a couple minutes and plugged the charger in and it worked for about half hour before flashing all the lights. So i took it for a longer drive and tried it again and it charged for a couple hours then started flashing again. The pack is at 52v so it seems maybe the float feature is not functioning in the charger?
Plowman do you have a charger for sale?
Hope this helps someone.
wannabass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 04:38 PM   #10
cgtech

Yamaha

Your right, the float feature isnt working, because that charger doesnt offer a float feature.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha