lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-25-2020, 10:46 AM   #1
Shandog777
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha 2007 Run/tow issues

I am working on a yamaha. The owner put a camo wrap all over it and it has covered the sticker with the model and year information. The owner says it is a 2007. I have questions about the following?

Can you tell the model by looking or direct me to where else it may be?

When the cart is put into tow it appears to always go into tow. When you switch to run it doesn’t go back into run. If you do it over and over, eventually it clicks and goes into run.

Could it be just the run/tow switch? Do I just need to replace it or is there something else I can do?

Also, there is a high pitch noise coming from the motor when you press the accelerator. What would that be?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg E64D1AD4-0F01-4DFC-9A4D-500F97724468.jpg (194.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg C6ABF05B-6E95-4753-B44E-54C5C7C0ACAD.jpg (178.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 5F1F4CD8-23C5-427D-B097-B7F80C442058.jpg (124.0 KB, 0 views)
Shandog777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-25-2020, 11:44 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha 2007 Run/tow issues

It's a 1996-2002 G19E. Not 2007.

You did read & follow the instructions on the sticker next to the tow/run switch? Not just flipping the switch back & forth like a madman?

The fact that the motor makes some noise, at least 1/2 of the controller is working.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 12:58 PM   #3
Shandog777
Not Yet Wild

Yes but I wouldn’t say that doesn’t make me a madman!! Ha! Most of the times I am flipping to run it never engages and clicks. I haven’t moved it back to tow for a couple of hours. It doesn’t appear to be having a problem unless it is put back in tow.
Old 07-25-2020, 12:59 PM   #4
Shandog777
Not Yet Wild

It is running well too. The brakes are very sensitive but runs good.
Old 07-25-2020, 01:17 PM   #5
Shandog777
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post

You did read & follow the instructions on the sticker next to the tow/run switch? Not just flipping the switch back & forth like a madman?

The fact that the motor makes some noise, at least 1/2 of the controller is working.
2007 Run/tow issues
Yes but I wouldn’t say that doesn’t make me a madman!! Ha! Most of the times I am flipping to run it never engages and clicks. I haven’t moved it back to tow for a couple of hours. It doesn’t appear to be having a problem unless it is put back in tow.
Old 07-25-2020, 08:20 PM   #6
Shandog777
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post

I really struggle in knowing the model on carts. Obviously you have a TON of experience but is there a way I can get better at this?
Old 07-26-2020, 01:47 PM   #7
cgtech

Yamaha

I'll, only be covering 1996 & newer Yamaha golf vehicles with "sepex type drivetrains" in this thread, but I can cover more if you like.

Heres a couple easy guidelines.
-Any yamaha with a Tow/run switch is a "Sepex drivetrain type" and will be 1996 or newer. Sepex models include the following G19e (1996-2002), G22e (2003÷2007), G29e (2007-2016), DR2e (2017-now).

-A G19e can be spotted by its tow/run switch being in front of the battery pack, with the controller just below the tow/run switch.

-A G22e looks like a G19e externally, but has several identifiable features. Rack & pinion steering. Yamaha "tuning fork emblem" on the front, instead of "Yamaha" written out. Batteries that sit "in a straight row. Tow/run switch on the passenger side behind the batteries, and the controller is in the back. Brake pedal with a smaller parking brake latch in the upper right corner.

-A G29e (YDRE) is a complete departure from the previous model, very different, with few crossover parts. Many features distinguish it from prior models. Like plastic battery tray with 3 different battery configurations over the years, tow/run switch more in the middle. Seats with more bolstering. 4 cupholders in a central cluster with a cubby for junk (previous models had 4 cupholders in a row). Drain tubes from the roof to route rain away from the users. One piece floor mat. Later G29e were also available with optional AC drive system.

-A DR2e seems to share few parts with the prior model. It's got a similar look in many ways to the prior model, but very few of the parts interchange (roof does, cant think of much else). It has a much larger golf bag area in the back. The rear body is now split into 3 pieces, and all panels can be replaced very easily without removing the roof or support brackets. Many DR2e have gas & brake pedals that are rubber coated & a new softer, more rubbery steering wheel. The AC drivetrain is predominant, with the Sepex system only available by special order to fleet operators.
Old 07-26-2020, 09:12 PM   #8
Shandog777
Not Yet Wild

This is crazy impressive. I love to learn and want to learn more. Thank you for taking the time to share this. I am so interested in all areas of golf carts and I am always up for learning more. I appreciate you sharing. Do you only work on Yamaha?
Old 07-27-2020, 02:16 AM   #9
cgtech

Yamaha

No, I dont only work on Yamaha, but it is my speciality. I been factory certified since 2007. I'm also ezgo factory certified (been to "ezgo school" several times). I guess clubcar is the only one of "the big 3" oems I'm not factory certified. That's why I stay out of the "club car section", because I dont know "everything about it". Its a pain to stay current on everything on a product line you dont have "dealer level access" to . We are Yamaha & Ezgo dealers, so we have "dealer level" access. Not a Club car dealer, so dont have "dealer level" access there. I do have connections with Clubcar dealers, but since I'm not a CC dealer, I will not purport myself as such, and wont use my "good connections" here, as they are my "local help" and not more than that, as far as this forum goes. (So, dont ask me for "club car favors"). That's reasonable, and how it will go.

Well, I guess "dont ask for favors" in the other lines either, because some stuff I just cant "give away" (for many reasons).

If you want to learn about how to tell "this from that" & how to tell "one from the other", I'll be more than happy to help. Yamaha, ezgo, club car, no problem. But, dont think I can just give you full manuals for each, I just cant do that.

Also, some questions have been covered so many times, I dont even answer, because the "search" at the top right will get the answer. I get tired of doing the same answer over & over again. That's the exhausting thing about this forum. Still, I love helping.
Nothing against you, not at all, but please use the search. Most every topic you want to know already has a good thread about it. (You werent the first one to wonder about it). I'm glad you got me to update a few things about the new DR2e carts. It will hopefully help others.

Feel free to ask more, no problem, but also use the resources from the past too.
Old 07-27-2020, 08:35 AM   #10
Shandog777
Not Yet Wild

I certainly would not want to waste your time. I am thankful that you as well as others give your time here. Thanks so much for sharing information with me!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha