lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-09-2020, 06:07 PM   #1
FireChiefTX
Not Yet Wild

Default 2011 Yamaha YDREX won't go, REV buzzer no sound

Hi all,

as the title says, the cart just stopped moving. At the same time the reverse buzzer stop making noise when the switch is in reverse.

I thought it was the solenoid but that wasn't it, I put a new one in it still not working.

I confirmed that the solenoid has 50 volts on both of the small pins, so it appears to not be getting the ground signal from the controller,
I jumped a ground to the small pin on the right side of the solenoid, and the solenoid clicked, but still no movement of the cart and no sound from the reverse buzzer.

The tow switch is operating correctly from my voltmeter check.

I'm starting to think the controller or perhaps the accelerator is malfunctioning .

Why is the reverse buzzer not working in concert with this no movement?

Anyone have any ideas?
FireChiefTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-10-2020, 02:27 AM   #2
CaddyJack
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2011 Yamaha YDREX won't go, REV buzzer no sound

FireChief, I’m having the same exact issues with my 08 G29. Hey guys looking for some advice. I have an 08 G29 48v cart. A few weeks ago it stopped working. With the key on and the pedal down, didn’t hear any clicking. Replaced the solenoid and TPS with no luck. I tried to bypass the solenoid and the controller started smoking so I immediately pulled my jumper. Key on or off, I get 50v at the top right terminal, 0v at top left, and 50v at both lower/activation terminals. I checked to make sure the ignition switch works and it does. I checked continuity of the start/stop switch on brake pedal and it’s good. Not getting a solenoid click or reverse beep. If I ground one of the small terminals on the solenoid it will click and sends power to controller which in turn starts smoking. I’m at my wits end with this thing...
CaddyJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 07:46 AM   #3
CFDoc
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireChiefTX View Post
Hi all,

as the title says, the cart just stopped moving. At the same time the reverse buzzer stop making noise when the switch is in reverse.

I thought it was the solenoid but that wasn't it, I put a new one in it still not working.

I confirmed that the solenoid has 50 volts on both of the small pins, so it appears to not be getting the ground signal from the controller,
I jumped a ground to the small pin on the right side of the solenoid, and the solenoid clicked, but still no movement of the cart and no sound from the reverse buzzer.

The tow switch is operating correctly from my voltmeter check.

I'm starting to think the controller or perhaps the accelerator is malfunctioning .

Why is the reverse buzzer not working in concert with this no movement?

Anyone have any ideas?
Sounds like a bad controller.
CFDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 09:17 AM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFDoc View Post
Sounds like a bad controller.
I agree.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 10:59 AM   #5
CaddyJack
Not Yet Wild

Unfortunately that’s what I thought... I’m thinking a 500 amp Alltrax programmed for 400 amp since I’m still all stock. Thoughts?
Old 08-10-2020, 11:43 AM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Sounds right to me. But, start saving them pennies, a different motor will one day be in your future.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 12:39 PM   #7
CaddyJack
Not Yet Wild

Thanks again gents. Would you recommend upgrading to the HD solenoid and 2g cables? Seems cheaper to do it now then piecing together on the future.
Old 08-10-2020, 02:57 PM   #8
Croqezgo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

You ABSOLUTELY should upgrade to 2 gauge welding cable and the large HD solenoid. I meant to post last night and tell you that your controller was bad. Alltrax will be good for you!
Croqezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 11:27 PM   #9
CaddyJack
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croqezgo View Post
You ABSOLUTELY should upgrade to 2 gauge welding cable and the large HD solenoid. I meant to post last night and tell you that your controller was bad. Alltrax will be good for you!
Thanks! I just ordered the whole package. Hoping to have them by the weekend for a test run!
Old 08-11-2020, 09:44 PM   #10
FireChiefTX
Not Yet Wild

Well, sounds like the consensus thought is a bad controller. Oh well...

Caddy Jack, keep us posted on how your new install goes. .

Thanks all.
FireChiefTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha