lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-19-2009, 11:55 AM   #11
archcar55
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 88 Ezgo 2 cycle, no power good compression

Msg to "dabrain" I think you are right about the slow speed circuit in the carb. I have to choke it to get it started and when it gets up to speed (cart is on jack stands) I have to take the choke off. I have a Mikuni carb but don't know where the slow speed circuit is. You mentioned that you used a drill bit on yours. Could you describe this better. There is a adjustable jet goes in behind the choke plate but I think that is the idle circuit. (I can see thru it and air blows thru it good) The only other screw or jet on the outside of the carb that I can remove is 3/8 long with a hole in the middle and holes on the side of it. It is non adjustable and air goes thru it also. Thanks in advance as I just rechecked my compression and it is 125 lbs in forward and 128 in reverse with the engine warm (couldn't run it long enough to get it up to temperature).
archcar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-19-2009, 01:54 PM   #12
dabrain
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

@ archcar55: There's a good picture in a manual I have. I'll try and get it uploaded tonight or tomorrow, along with the drill size.
dabrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 04:36 PM   #13
dabrain
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Here's some pictures of the fuel flow and carb diagram. Pardon the quality, I don't have a scanner so I tool a picture. The Pilot system controls the low speed. The jet size is 47.5 which is VERY small. I didn't have a drill that small so I used a bit of copper wire. Its about 1/2 the size of the main jet.

Old 05-19-2009, 04:42 PM   #14
dabrain
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok, THAT didn't work . . . Here are links to the pictures:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/15124146@N05/3547149148/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/15124146@N05/3547148818/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/15124146@N05/3546342681/

Sorry about that . ..
Old 05-19-2009, 04:52 PM   #15
archcar55
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

dabrain, Pic's showed up fine. Will try and get mine opened up. Thanks alot, will let you know. Archie
Old 05-19-2009, 10:19 PM   #16
archcar55
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Cleaned the carb again and still nothing. Pulled the engine and with it sitting on the bench I could see that the crank seal (clutch side) was torn or ripped in half, most likley from the back firing that it was doing last fall. Anyway as I rotated the crank by hand it would open up then close again. I should have blown smoke in it, it would have shown up. I'm just smoking because I lost some nice warm days of golf. Thanks for all of the help. Maybe now I can get back to having the fastest cart on the course.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:41 AM   #17
dabrain
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Glad you found the problem! Keep us posted on your progress . . . .
Old 08-15-2012, 08:20 PM   #18
10ec
Not Yet Wild

Check the small end of the muffler and make sure the mud dobbers haven`t restricted the exhaust flow. You cant get the air in if it can`t get out. I use a NGK bp4hs spark plug in my 88 with good luck. Check and see if you put the spring on the throttle cable behind the top lever when you replaced it, if not , it will backfire.
10ec is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO