lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-17-2021, 06:58 PM   #21
dalepmay
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Tow/Run switch has to be toggled all the time to continue driving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
The solenoid should click on and off when you toggle the run/tow switch. That is normal. It should also click on when you press the go pedal.
What it does now is click on when the cart is turned on, then about 3 seconds later it clicks off by itself and then doesn't respond at all to the pedal. If I toggle the run/tow switch it clicks back on, just like when turning the key on, and then a few seconds later it clicks off again by itself. I'm thinking it is the problem because at no time (fwd, rev, no throttle, full throttle, etc) is the power output terminal on the solenoid the same voltage as the power input terminal, it's always lower no matter what. And once the solenoid clicks off a few seconds after turning on, the output voltage is 0v.
dalepmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-17-2021, 08:01 PM   #22
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

When the solenoid clicks on, you should get full battery voltage on the terminal that goes to the controller. (relative to battery negative) The three second behavior is normal. If you do not see full battery voltage on the output terminal when the solenoid is engaged, then the solenoid is defective. Solenoid failure is pretty common.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 08:15 AM   #23
dalepmay
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
When the solenoid clicks on, you should get full battery voltage on the terminal that goes to the controller. (relative to battery negative) The three second behavior is normal. If you do not see full battery voltage on the output terminal when the solenoid is engaged, then the solenoid is defective. Solenoid failure is pretty common.
I just tested it again to be sure, and even when I first turn it on, before the solenoid clicks off, the highest I can see on the solenoid output terminal is 38V.
Old 03-18-2021, 08:36 AM   #24
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Do you have full voltage on the input terminal? If so, it sounds like a bad solenoid. They are easy and fairly inexpensive to replace.
Old 03-18-2021, 09:14 AM   #25
dalepmay
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Do you have full voltage on the input terminal? If so, it sounds like a bad solenoid. They are easy and fairly inexpensive to replace.
Yes, input side has 50.8v, output no more than 38v. I ordered the solenoid on Amazon, now I just get to wait [im]patiently....

Thanks for your help guys!
Old 03-18-2021, 09:17 AM   #26
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Give us an update when you get the solenoid. Make sure you install the diode correctly on the new one. Polarity is critical on that.
Old 03-18-2021, 11:57 PM   #27
dalepmay
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Give us an update when you get the solenoid. Make sure you install the diode correctly on the new one. Polarity is critical on that.
Will do. Thanks again.
Old 03-22-2021, 08:31 AM   #28
dalepmay
Not Yet Wild

UPDATE:

I swapped in the new solenoid, and she runs like new. I was much happier with a $45 fix than a potential $600 fix. Although I still may go with a controller sometime in the future when finances are better looking, cuz it would be awesome to make it faster. Thanks for the help guys!
Old 03-22-2021, 08:48 AM   #29
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Glad your up and running again
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 10:54 PM   #30
jenkins35
Not Yet Wild

Did a new controller fix your problem I'm having the same issues with my 2007 yahama
jenkins35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha