lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-04-2021, 06:21 AM   #1
LDfoote
Not Yet Wild

Default 2012 Club Car Headlight Not working/ Cart bouncing

I just received a used club car that I ordered from saferwholesale.com, who I would NOT recommend, to even my worst enemy.

The cart has several issues. The first is the headlight does not work.
When you flip the switch, both turn signal lights blink on and off light hazard lights, but the headlight never comes on. It will stay on, even when the key is in the off position. I am assuming that this is either a fuse or they just did not install them correctly. Has anyone else ever had this happen?

Also, the cart has new tires but seems to bounce when you drive it. I checked the tire pressure and they were all at 20lbs. Is this caused by the tires not being balanced, incorrect tire pressure or something else?
LDfoote is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-05-2021, 11:00 AM   #2
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2012 Club Car Headlight Not working/ Cart bouncing

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDfoote View Post
I just received a used club car that I ordered from saferwholesale.com, who I would NOT recommend, to even my worst enemy.

The cart has several issues. The first is the headlight does not work.
When you flip the switch, both turn signal lights blink on and off light hazard lights, but the headlight never comes on. It will stay on, even when the key is in the off position. I am assuming that this is either a fuse or they just did not install them correctly. Has anyone else ever had this happen?

Also, the cart has new tires but seems to bounce when you drive it. I checked the tire pressure and they were all at 20lbs. Is this caused by the tires not being balanced, incorrect tire pressure or something else?
I can't help with the light problem without seeing how it is wired.

As far as the bounce, golf cart tires were meant to ride at 10mph on a golf course path. They will notoriously bounce at higher speeds on pavement. Try lowering the pressure to 15 psi and see if it improves.

If not, you can remove one tire at a time, deflate it by pulling the valve stem, rotate the tire on the rim 180 degrees and re-inflate it to 15 psi. This is time consuming but may help lessen the bounce in the tire(s).
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 06:49 PM   #3
LDfoote
Not Yet Wild

Thanks! The lights are working but I have another issue. I did deflate the tires which helped but now, there is a noise coming from the area near the right tire. It is like a loud "creak" at the same spot every time the tire makes one rotation. It increases as I speed up so I think it is related to the tire. What could that be? I have tried googling it to not avail.
LDfoote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 07:46 PM   #4
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

A quick check would be to rotate the front tires and see if it changes or stays the same. It could be wheel bearings. It would be worth pulling the hubs and greasing the bearings.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bouncing, headlight
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car