lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-06-2021, 02:49 PM   #1
cajunman 1
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default 72 volt lead batterys

I am looking to buy a cart with 72volt lead battery's(6-12 volt) and need any info you may have . I have never heard of 72v lean only lithium, Seems he is going for run time. Hell at that cost, he should have gone lithium. any comment will help!
cajunman 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-06-2021, 02:51 PM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 72 volt lead batterys

72 volt carts have been around for a while so lead was really the only option a few years back. 6 12s was the way.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 07:46 AM   #3
cajunman 1
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

its just for longer run time correct?
Old 08-07-2021, 09:23 AM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Well the 72 volts is for performance but 6 12s was for space
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 09:38 AM   #5
cajunman 1
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

He has Navitas 5kw AC motor ,600 amp AC controller and a Navitas on the fly programmer with 6 12v Continental 2gc-1275. He says it runs 45mph with just him and 38with a second rider. He has gone 15 miles and battery's were still more than half full. All though the speed is nice I'm looking for cruising all day with out worry and charging nightly. the cart he is sell is a very sweet ride. Im just unsure with 72volt lead. I'm trying to compare to lithium but not sure. ( for longevity) also, Looking at new EFI gassers that ae quite. I think I might pass on this one! see pic and tell me what you think! Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg black cart.jpg (140.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-07-2021, 10:23 AM   #6
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Most of the time 72v is used for Moorrr powahhhh!!! Higher voltage means higher speed, and more torque. That also means you put your foot more often and burn up more energy, so shorter run time.
If you drop the speed down to a normal range like 20-25mph, that cart probably would run all day.
Higher voltage means higher efficiency, so it takes less power (fewer amps) to make the cart move. But ultimate run time is dependent on the Amp Hour capacity of the pack, and how much you want to put your foot on the go pedal.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car