lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-27-2021, 08:17 AM   #1
jbonta
Not Yet Wild

Default 85 kf82 Pulse Line Connection

New to the forum here. I have a 1985 club car with the KF82 Engine. It is my understanding that this model originally had an electric fuel pump. Someone has replaced it with a pulse style fuel pump. There is no pulse port on the engine to hook up the suction hose up to. Whoever installed the new pump hooked up the suction hose to the port on the Tappet cover under the carb. Is this ok? I cannot find where i can purchase the pulse plate cover with a port to install so i am trying to figure out if this is ok.
jbonta is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-27-2021, 12:09 PM   #2
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: 85 kf82 Pulse Line Connection

That will work fine there. Just make sure it doesn't droop down or it will pool oil in it.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 03:57 PM   #3
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: 85 kf82 Pulse Line Connection

Yes it can get it's crankcase vacuum signal from the tappet cover port. Either way is fine. I can probably send you that two-bolt cover with the nipple on it. I have a few cracked blocks here in my shop that have that piece still on them.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car