lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-31-2022, 11:08 AM   #1
ericandrews331@msn.com
Gone Wild

Default Carryall Turf 2

I am currently working on a Carryall Turf 2- year unknown. I do know it has a FE350 and a functioning group of microswitches and it will and does run. The problem is you HAVE to jump it in order for it to start otherwise it will just sorta whine acting if it does not have enough juice to get there even though the battery is new and carrying 12.5 volts I have done the obvious cleaning the cables and reattaching etc. it also has a new solenoid and starter/generator. I am betting on bad grounds but with all the added wiring on this one (I am used to key start simple), I wonder if there is an obvious place to start. Someone else has had their hands on this prior to me although the cart seems unmolested and original. It belongs to a 70 something neighbor lady that I am just trying to help out. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
ericandrews331@msn.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-31-2022, 11:34 AM   #2
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: Carryall Turf 2

Put one half of a pair of good quality jumper cables on the neg side of the battery and the other end on the engine block and try it.
If it spins then you have a bad or weak ground wire somewhere. maybe the short cable on the starter/generator itself.
The engine is rubber isolated so ground straps are important.

If it still doesn't spin, Leave the ground cable hooked up and hook the red side of the jumper cable to the starter generator lug that the cable from the solenoid is connected to and touch the other end to the pos battery.
It should spin, if not you need to check the condition of the short cable on the generator or have the starter/generator tested even though it's new.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 02:07 PM   #3
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Just because a battery has 12.5 volts doesn’t mean it’s good. Even if it’s new. What is the CCA capacity label on the battery?

Put a meter on the battery posts before diving too deep and watch the voltage while it tries to start. If it drops below 10.5v I’d replace the battery.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 05:05 PM   #4
ericandrews331@msn.com
Gone Wild

The battery is fine, the cart is now starting and running correctly. I went over every ground connection I could find, cleaned added dielectric to all just to be sure but still didn't find anything that jumped out at me and said this is it but one musta of been because when I was done put the fuse back in and it started as it should ran rough and I kept smelling old gas so I drained the tank, it was full and way off-color put some fresh gas in it and a new plug and bam it was running right and smooth. I did forget how much I hate governors and rev limiters but after all the lady's 70 something and uses it to garden around her property so it will work fine. Thanks for your help crash12888
Old 02-01-2022, 07:44 AM   #5
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Glad you got it worked out, sounds like some fresh baked cookies are in you future!!!
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 08:08 PM   #6
ericandrews331@msn.com
Gone Wild

OK it went back to doing the same thing dragging trying to turn over but It will jump right off. Even tried to run it a jumper cables from the positive on the batteries to the white wire on the starter unfortunately rather than help it stops the attempt to start where I think it should help it literally stops trying to start. Went and had the new battery load tested found no issues. Will start right up if I jump to the battery from the truck. I still think it’s a ground but could it possibly be the new starter generator? still frustrated Feel as if this should be easy to figure out and it’s not… any help would be greatly appreciate it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg D12D5064-631E-4D63-A5FD-2B1231C153D3.jpg (262.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-03-2022, 08:22 PM   #7
ericandrews331@msn.com
Gone Wild

One more question in the back of my scattered mind my carryall has an ACR that sticks out in my mind this lady's cart doesn't have this (the carts in my shop out back) but anyway it does have one correct?
Old 02-06-2022, 08:38 PM   #8
ericandrews331@msn.com
Gone Wild

So I ended up adding a second grounding cable from the battery to the frame, seeded to do the trick
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car