lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-03-2022, 06:59 PM   #1
Jimmyflfr
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha g19 alltrax controller “pre charge failure” code driving me nuts!! Help please

Hey guys I have a yamaha 48 volt g19/22 cart per the alltrax toolkit download that is absolutely driving me crazy!! I bought a new alltrax xct 48300 controller because the stock controller was fried. The cart has new batteries and fairly new hd solenoid. So the issue is the cart will sometimes run amazing for long periods, and then sometimes i will pull it out of my garage and it will drive a few feet then just stop. I have to wait a minute or turn the key on and off and press the pedal solenoid will click and it will run for a bit then same thing. Sometimes it will shake lightly and not move . And like I said other times it will run amazing it goes around 25mph. So I hooked it to the alltrax toolkit software and I really don’t understand the software but when I get it to run funny while hooked up I get a low voltage or pre charge failure error. I am going to call them this week to see what they think while I have it hooked up but just wanted to see what you all think the issue may be. Oh also if I bridge the large post of the solenoid it runs perfect 100% of the time. So I’m assuming it’s the solenoid but I know it could be other things . The solenoid is only a month or two old and worked ok with the stock controller it is the hd one . Any insight why it works great sometimes and other days it’s a nightmare I would think it would work or not.
Jimmyflfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-03-2022, 07:27 PM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Yamaha g19 alltrax controller “pre charge failure” code driving me nuts!! Help pl

When you swapped to the Alltax controller did you replace or reinstall the precharge across the big solenoid terminals?
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 07:46 PM   #3
Jimmyflfr
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Yamaha g19 alltrax controller “pre charge failure” code driving me nuts!! Help pl

No the solenoid that I had just had whatever resistor and diode that was on it . I did some research about the pre charge resistors and alltrax but got mixed input some say it doesn’t even need a resistor on the big terminals just the small ones. What’s on there now I believe is a 250ohm resistor that worked fine w the stock controller
Jimmyflfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 10:46 PM   #4
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

The XCT doesn't need an external precharge resistor.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha