lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-11-2022, 08:02 PM   #1
TruthHurts21
Not Yet Wild

Default Keep or sell 2013 yamaha G29?

So I just recently purchased a 2013 G29. I was really leaning towards a Club Car DS but this one came up for a fair price for nowadays so i got it. 2 year old trojans. This cart has the speed code upgrade which I like but it also reduced the regen to where i cant even tell its working. The whole reason i wanted a regen cart was to help with braking down our steep roads. So now to be able to get regen back I'm going to have to buy an alltrax controller. 500 bucks and i hope to sell the stock one to recoup. Also I didn't realize this one has the team axle with the wet Brakes in it. It brakes very well but I'm definitely about to change the fluid to make sure it's clean as i dont want that to become an issue. This cart rides rather rough on stock tires with low air pressure. I just purchased new knobby tires to put on it to help with traction. It has plenty of power going up the hills it just bounces me around. Do the club cars ride smoother with the aluminum frames? I'm thinking about reselling and trying to find a Club Car ds like I should have originally went with. Around here three grand with a cart with newish batteries is average. Thanks for any and all opinions as this is my first post.
TruthHurts21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-13-2022, 04:45 PM   #2
eyeage
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Keep or sell 2013 yamaha G29?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthHurts21 View Post
So I just recently purchased a 2013 G29. I was really leaning towards a Club Car DS but this one came up for a fair price for nowadays so i got it. 2 year old trojans. This cart has the speed code upgrade which I like but it also reduced the regen to where i cant even tell its working. The whole reason i wanted a regen cart was to help with braking down our steep roads. So now to be able to get regen back I'm going to have to buy an alltrax controller. 500 bucks and i hope to sell the stock one to recoup. Also I didn't realize this one has the team axle with the wet Brakes in it. It brakes very well but I'm definitely about to change the fluid to make sure it's clean as i dont want that to become an issue. This cart rides rather rough on stock tires with low air pressure. I just purchased new knobby tires to put on it to help with traction. It has plenty of power going up the hills it just bounces me around. Do the club cars ride smoother with the aluminum frames? I'm thinking about reselling and trying to find a Club Car ds like I should have originally went with. Around here three grand with a cart with newish batteries is average. Thanks for any and all opinions as this is my first post.
Where you located? I like clubs, but G29s are good looking carts. I guess you have to figure out what is important to you. I feel like the drives look better in almost all situations. Might be worth spending a little money.
eyeage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 06:08 PM   #3
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

It depends on what you got in the G29 vs what you can get out of it. The ds is going to have a rougher ride if you lift it. the ds is still my cart of choice,but newer is nice to .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 07:47 PM   #4
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I have a 2009 and 2012 G29 and I am very happy with them. I have converted both to Lithium and changed the rear shocks to lighter springs to compensate for the 300 lbs of weight loss with Lithium. Are they perfect, no, but they are very nice carts.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 02:42 AM   #5
TruthHurts21
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the replies. Heres a funny one. I just bought another g29 today. Same white color. Its a 2016 with dana style axle full light kit sweet 8 inch aluminum wheels and body in much better shape. Batteries are original and has been stored. One measured .8 volts. It was a good deal so i snatched it up. So im going to keep this one and probably buy new batteries for it and sell the 2013 model. Was going to post a new thread but ill ask here also. Looks like someone drove on a curb for a bit as the bottom of differential cover is bent and ground down. Even the bottom Bolt head is ground down alot. Aluminum differential looks fine.Looks dry also. Cant seem to find that axle cover anywhere to buy. Was it used on other carts as well? Also a interesting note these carts have same bit of rust on frame on same spots and these are southern carts. Nothing a little homemade toilet bowl groil (youtube) wont stop. Cheaper and lasts longer than than fluid film. Guess thats one of the benefits of club car. No rust remediation.
Old 04-15-2022, 09:22 PM   #6
TruthHurts21
Not Yet Wild

Found the diff cover gasket and bolt. Thanks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha