lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-14-2022, 09:03 PM   #1
C&L golfcarts
Not Yet Wild

Default G16 rear end noise.

Ok so I have a gas Yamaha G16 (can’t remember year) anyways. So I just had new bearings, clutch sheaves, and new spring installed in rear end. My issue now is when I let off gas while driving it makes a whining noise almost the same sound as a supercharger in my opinion. Any Ideas on what is going on?
C&L golfcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-15-2022, 06:59 AM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: G16 rear end noise.

Several gears inside that differential, bearings on most of those. Did the input shaft itself get changed? Fairly common failure point. Enough gear lube? "Good" (GL-5 / Synthetic)? Those are only lubricated by what splashes off the lower gears as they spin through the oil in the bottom of the housing.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 11:51 AM   #3
C&L golfcarts
Not Yet Wild

Plenty of gear lube/oil for sure. I did not replace the shaft it self. it was straight and I didn’t see any issues that would cause me to replace it. All the gears in case looked really good too no/very little wear on all of them so I just replaced the 3 bearings and put back together. Any chance it could be the new spring or clutch sheaves?
C&L golfcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 07:14 AM   #4
tbenedict
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I just replaced the input shaft and four bearings in my G16A, Also replaced the bushing in the floating sheave to protect the new input. Did you use quality sheaves or the inexpensive ones off sites? I gather they can be problematic.
tbenedict is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha