lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-31-2023, 12:19 PM   #1
brenth560
Not Yet Wild

Default HELP Transaxle Bushing 94 Carryall REPLACEMENTS TOO SMALL what to do?? PICS Inside

The 1994 carryall FE290 I am working out needed new outer axle bearings. I was unable to press the original bushings off so I cut them off. This was before realizing that nobody out there sells the same size bushing.

I believe I need club car part #1014207

All of the amazon replacements and even Nivel 4836 are smaller than the bushing removed.

If using the smaller bushing, there will be a gap between the bushing and the retaining ring. The techs at buggies unlimited told me to go ahead and install it this way.

I am no engineer, so I am not sure if this will be acceptable or not. Surely I cant be the only person who ran into this problem.

The first picture below shows the new bushing and the second picture shows the old bushing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg new.jpg (103.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg old.jpg (100.8 KB, 0 views)
brenth560 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-31-2023, 06:12 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: HELP Transaxle Bushing 94 Carryall REPLACEMENTS TOO SMALL what to do?? PICS Insid

Call David hicks www.revolutiongolfcars.com if he can’t get you what you need nobody can
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 09:44 PM   #3
Ricks_club
Gone Wild

Default Re: HELP Transaxle Bushing 94 Carryall REPLACEMENTS TOO SMALL what to do?? PICS Insid

Or go to your local hardware store and pick up soom machine washers to add on spacing.
Ricks_club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 03:39 PM   #4
brenth560
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Call David hicks www.revolutiongolfcars.com if he can’t get you what you need nobody can
Thanks for the suggestion but I already contacted him prior to making the post and he is not able to get them either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricks_club View Post
Or go to your local hardware store and pick up soom machine washers to add on spacing.
This is likely my best option at this point. Thanks for sharing!

Would you put the washers against the bearing and bushing or on the other side against the bushing and the clip ring?
brenth560 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2023, 01:27 PM   #5
Ricks_club
Gone Wild

If there is no obstruction to putting the washer against the bearing, that would be preferred. Get the washer that fits close on the shaft, if the OD is too large, grid it down.

Richard
Old 07-03-2023, 10:50 AM   #6
Ricks_club
Gone Wild

brenth560

Can you give us an update on your repair ?

Richard
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car