lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-31-2023, 06:45 PM   #1
JeremyRuss
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Gas Onward Vibrating after lift

Hey Everyone,

Last night I installed a 4 inch a-arm Madjax King XD lift kit on my 2022 club car onward.

Today after adjusting toe and camber, we took it for a few miles and it’s vibrating badly under load. In neutral coasting it does not do it.

It shakes the rear seat and the gas pedal and floor board vibrates. All hardware was torqued to specs in the lift kit instruction manual. Same stock wheels and tires.

I noticed that the mount might not be seated in the snubber mount all the way, but I have nothing to compare it to. I’m thinking it’s a motor mount (or similar issue) because I think I “over lowered” the rear axle one time while doing the rear leaf springs. Please see pictures of the snubber mount, as you can see there is dust on it and I wiped it twice with my finger.
JeremyRuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-04-2023, 05:39 AM   #2
prosa69
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Gas Onward Vibrating after lift

I lifted my 2020 tempo with a 6inch lift kit and my bracket snubber sits all the way in compared to yours which seems out. Club car does make 3 different snubber brackets that can lower the engine tray down. https://buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=188965

Maybe loosen the ubolt blocks in the rear and see if if will go forward?

What did you do with your panhard bar in the rear?

This is what I had to do with my panhard bar.

https://buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=179332
prosa69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 08:54 PM   #3
JeremyRuss
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for that bracket info!

I tried removing the leaf bolts and used a ratchet strap to pull the rear axle toward the snubber mount and got it all the way back in BUT as soon as I aligned the leaf spring bolts it went back to the same position and it was 2 hours of work for nothing. I think I’ll try a different bracket to lower the engine angle and hope it works.

As far as the pan hard bar is concerned, when I installed the lift kit I beat on it for about 2 hours until I got it lined up. After our test drive I completely removed it to see if it helped with the vibrations. It didn’t help the vibrations at all but the ride quality seams the same. No excess rolling or anything. I would remove it to make installing the lift easier.
Old 06-10-2023, 05:58 AM   #4
prosa69
Not Yet Wild

I will just go over some things to check.

Were the lifting blocks the exact same and the hole for the leaf spring shackle(hold leaf springs together) centered in the lift block. Was the cut out for the axle in the lift block centered? Were the lift blocks installed backwards? Does the rear axle look centered and not crabbing in the back when going down the road? One last thing is the vibration coming from the front? I also installed new more aggressive tires when I put mine on and with the added firmness of the front suspension you can feel the tires through the steering wheel. Once my tires wore down some its pretty much gone.

Trying lifting the back of the cart under the axle and giving gas and see if you feel that vibration.
prosa69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 07:59 AM   #5
JeremyRuss
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Attachment 237490
Quote:
Originally Posted by prosa69 View Post
I lifted my 2020 tempo with a 6inch lift kit and my bracket snubber sits all the way in compared to yours which seems out. Club car does make 3 different snubber brackets that can lower the engine tray down. https://buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=188965

Maybe loosen the ubolt blocks in the rear and see if if will go forward?

What did you do with your panhard bar in the rear?

This is what I had to do with my panhard bar.

https://buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=179332
Thanks for this. I had trouble finding the club car brackets online (they really want you to go through a dealership it seems like).

Yesterday I FIXED THE VIBRATION!!! I fabricated an extension for the snubber bracket. I’m not skilled with metal work but it was easy.

I unbolted the bracket and let the engine sag with the support of a floor jack until it found a good resting position which was almost exactly level (used torpedo level under engine pan). Then I measured the amount it dropped from center of holes to holes which was 2.25”. Drilled, then cut, then painted my new piece and was all done. I bought the steel, metal blades for my circular saw, grade 8 bolts and washers, and drill bits from Lowe’s.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7E155111-3C10-498F-A1B0-1D02ED188F5B.jpg (79.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 40A7C0F3-9C04-4ABB-8B63-D6F2BDB2CBF5.jpg (78.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-11-2023, 08:21 AM   #6
JeremyRuss
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by prosa69 View Post
I will just go over some things to check.

Were the lifting blocks the exact same and the hole for the leaf spring shackle(hold leaf springs together) centered in the lift block. Was the cut out for the axle in the lift block centered? Were the lift blocks installed backwards? Does the rear axle look centered and not crabbing in the back when going down the road? One last thing is the vibration coming from the front? I also installed new more aggressive tires when I put mine on and with the added firmness of the front suspension you can feel the tires through the steering wheel. Once my tires wore down some its pretty much gone.

Trying lifting the back of the cart under the axle and giving gas and see if you feel that vibration.
I did check all of those things previously, which made this even more frustrating, it turned out to be the increased engine angle, they should supply the longer snubber brackets with these lift kits.

Thank you for the input!!!

Tags
club car, gas, lift, onward, vibration
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car