lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-15-2010, 09:14 AM   #1
cart newbee
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 2-stroke carb adjustment

Hey guys, just bought new carburetor for my '83 ezgo. Where is a good starting spot on adjusting the carb? I can see three adjustment screws. I adjusted the idle screw so that the butterfly is fully closed when you let off of gas. Then there is a horizontal and a vertical screw that i know nothing about. Also, going to pre-mixed fuel. I'm replacing all of the 1/4" fuel hose and filter. Will any small engine fuel filter work or do i need something diff. for the pre-mixed fuel? Thanks guys.

cart newbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-15-2010, 09:33 AM   #2
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2-stroke carb adjustment

The vertical screw is the low speed nozzle not a screw. You can unscrew it for cleaning but no need for that on a new carb. The horizontal screw is the low speed mixture adjust (aka bypass screw) You should loosen the lock nut and wind it fully in (be gently and use a small screwdriver, the thread is brass and if you strip it you will be sorry). Now unwind it about a turn and a half and tighten the locknut. See how she runs and adjust if neccessary. For me I ended up at 2 turns out.
Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 09:41 AM   #3
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

and I forgot, a small engine filter will be fine having one with a clear perspex bowl is nice so you can check fuel flow. With regard to premix there are as many opinions as there are guys on this forum however the manual states 128:1 is the correct ratio. This makes life easy as it is 1 ounce of oil to 1 gallon of gasoline.

Dave

Last edited by Dave Box; 10-15-2010 at 09:41 AM.. Reason: typo
Old 10-15-2010, 09:50 AM   #4
cart newbee
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks Dave. planning on running the 128:1. Still waiting on the rebuild kit to come in. First tank after rebuild is 40:1 (about 3 oz/gal) right?
cart newbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 10:14 AM   #5
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Correct, sorry I didn't realize that you were rebuilding the cart. The first tank should be at 40:1.

Dave
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO