lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-20-2010, 08:03 AM   #1
barber878
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default I have a problem w/ my cart continuing to run after I take my foot off the gas!!

I have a 92 marthon gas 4 stroke that continues to run after I take my foot off the gas and apply my brake. i have put a new silionad switch and a micro switch on the gas release I made sure it would cut the engine off when it was pushed in before I installed it. I put it on and it ran fine for about 10 min. then It was doing the same thing running when my foot was off the gas If anyone has had this problem please let me know what you did to fix it
barber878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-20-2010, 09:18 AM   #2
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: I have a problem w/ my cart continuing to run after I take my foot off the gas!!

How long does it run? Is it dieseling from a lean condition
make sure the throttle plate is closing all the way.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 09:36 AM   #3
barber878
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: I have a problem w/ my cart continuing to run after I take my foot off the gas!!

It runs great it just want quit running when I take my foot off the gas I have to turn it off by disconnecting the battery
Old 10-20-2010, 10:15 AM   #4
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I would start at the solenoid and see if is
locked on, fused contacts?
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:25 AM   #5
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

when you replaced the solenoid, did you just go to an auto parts store and buy a standard one? I ask because a standard solenoid will not work with these carts, you need a special type such as is used for snowplows, carts (obviously) etc (they look identical so it's a common mistake). The cart-type is designed to disengage when the engine starts, a standard will stay on and that's probably why your cart won't shut off as long as there's juice going to it
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 12:10 PM   #6
barber878
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Yes I purchased solenoid the @ carolina golf carts for my year and model
Old 10-20-2010, 12:19 PM   #7
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

If the solenoid is fused shut then it will start as soon as you reconnect the battery. If this is not the case then something is holding it on. I would get it on stands (or remove the drive belt) and start it up. now release the accelerator and check across the two small terminals of the solenoid. If you see 12 volts then you either have a broken or maladjusted microswitch on the throttle.
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO