lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-19-2011, 10:09 AM   #1
peelskid
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha g22A starting problem

When I press on the accelerator nothing happens. Then I pump the accelerator 10 to 15 times and it finally turns over the motor and cranks. It will start normally the rest of the day but if I leave it over night I have to go through the same process. The cart goes down a dusty road so I am thinking it must have a bad/worn/dirt relay that if you hit it enought it finally makes connection.

Any thoughts. I have the wiring diagram.
peelskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-19-2011, 10:17 AM   #2
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha g22A starting problem

Sounds like maybe a bad pedal switch or connection from it to starter.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 12:54 PM   #3
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

May be a weak battery. Each time you press the accelerator, the engine moves through compression just a little bit. by the 10th time or so the piston has moved completely through the compression stroke and now engine will roll over enough to get started. Running around charges the battery enough to make it through the day. Just a W.A.G here but, worth checking into .
Check the voltage on the battery first thing in the A.M. A fully charged battery should read 12.6 - 12.7 volts. Dead battery will be around 11.9 volts. Then try putting your battery charger on it for 10 min. in the morning and see if it spins the first time. Good luck - RAY

PS- also check for dirty battery terminals.
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 09:31 PM   #4
samsmith87
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

My friend is having the same problem. Did you ever get to the bottom of this?
samsmith87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 06:32 AM   #5
peelskid
Not Yet Wild

Fuse was blown. 10 amp fuse located in a 6x6 box under the drivers seat. Look hard the fuse is there but very hard to see. Fuse is encased in a 1" rubber cover. Once you see it it is like I could'a had a V8.
peelskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha