lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-21-2011, 08:18 PM   #1
yamarancher
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default G1 no fire in forward

1984 G1 runs good in reverse, but no fire to the plug in forward. any help will be appreciated
yamarancher is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-22-2011, 10:23 AM   #2
chompy
Getting Wild

Default Re: G1 no fire in forward

There is a white/red wire and a white/green wire that come from the key switch. One is for forward and one is for reverse. Check for continuity between those wires at the key switch plug and where they connect at the engine. If one does not have continuity you could have a broken wire somewhere in the harness.
chompy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 08:14 PM   #3
yamarancher
Gone Wild

Yamaha

sorry for the late response, been out in the shop . i actually checked those wires today, and they are good. thinking now may be the switch.not sure a golf cart is worth this much trouble!

Thanks for the reply, all help appreciated.
yamarancher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 11:43 PM   #4
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Sounds like the timing might be off. Usually these carts run like crap backwards and run great in reverse. Check the timing.

The key switch just runs power to your starter/generator unit, shouldn't have any effect on the spark plug.

CDI unit could also be bad, although I'm not sure it knows whether you are in reverse or forward. Could look for a used CDI.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 12:52 PM   #5
haus513
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Just had same problem... I went throw, wires all good, new coil, new plug, as soon as I put a new key switch on it I got great spark. $30 may be worth it if it works.
haus513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha