lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-04-2013, 10:58 AM   #11
kritter1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1997 EZGO TXT loses power and stops

Sorry for not responding sooner, but the TXT was parked for some time , and the Marathon was called into action.

I did discover one thing and quite by accident. I reactivated the TXT and at one time I had loosened the net on the F/R switch due to it being so hard to move. I rebuilt it this time before installing and when checking continuity it had none. I tightened the nut and viola!!! continuity.

I tightened it more and it helped the power on the hills. It's still not where I want it, but much improved. I think adjusting the ITS will even add more power. I noticed the plunger doesn't come to the end or beyond of the sensor.

So, with all of your help and a little more time it might just be what I want!!!

Thanks to all of you, and keep it coming please.

I have referred this sight to so many, and it is definitely #1.

I keep it on my computer screen all the time and learn lots by just reading other cases and enjoy it all.
kritter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-04-2013, 11:09 AM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Glad you got it running!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F&R-Exploded-View-for-print.jpg (133.1 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:13 AM   #13
DaveTM
Gone Wild

You may want to disconnect (just one at a time so you don't cross wires up) each cable that goes to your F\R switch and with a small brush, simply clean up the cable ends that you "slip" over the F\R bolts. These can become corroded over time, especially if your cart has just sat there. Also, "hit" the F\R bolt threads lightly with either a brush or a piece of steel wool.

Now, BEFORE you do this, PLEASE disconnect your battery positive and negative. AND should you use steel wool, use some compressed air (lightly set....don't blow the metal out of the bottom of the cart) to remove any left behind pieces of steel wool. Steel wool will go up like tinder should it cross between negative and positive ANYTHING. If you don't feel comfy with that....then don't use steel wool.

FWIW

Dave
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:31 PM   #14
kritter1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I did clean all contact points, and do frequently. I actually make new wiring all through my cart each year, and if any look suspicious I make a new one.

I never use steel wool or any product of that type around any electrical wiring--be it automotive or household. It's just asking for trouble, and there's enough problems waiting to happen without helping create one.

Scottyb just sent a copy of assembling a F/R switch and it's probably more important than anyone realizes to torque the nut down. I have seen carts not run and only because no contact was made in the F/R switch. I noticed on mine that just a little more tightening increased power. Touchy machines sometimes. Maybe that's why we all are addicted to their mysteries?

And again, thanks Scottyb and all of you!!

Keep it coming I LOVE IT!!! Oh, so educational too!!
kritter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO