lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-22-2012, 03:56 PM   #1
Copperhand
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default TXT 36 to 48 conversion help.

I know it has probably been discussed on here a bunch of times but I am needing to replace my batteries and I am thinking about going ahead and make the conversion to 48. I have a 99 TXT with Alltrax controller, H/D F&R, 4 gauge cables and 8hp high torque motor. If I have been understanding other post correctly all I need to do is swap the solenoid out to a 48v one and get another charger. What amp charger is best for 48v? What amp solenoid should I get? Also what is a excellent condition Power Wise 36v charger worth? Thanks for any help and guidance, John.
Copperhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-22-2012, 05:07 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: TXT 36 to 48 conversion help.

Most importantly your controller needs to be programmed for 48v.
Just because it says 24-48v on the label does not mean it is programmed for 48v, so verify the programming or get the cable and software and check it.
If your solenoid is HD enough to handle the amperage you are going to run through it you can use 36 or 32v which ever from your battery pack for the activation circuit while running 48v through the main contacts.
simply connect the negative side of the solenoid activation circuit to the 32 or 36v neg terminal of your battery pack.
48v chargers usually run about 13-18 amps.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 06:34 PM   #3
Copperhand
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for your help Scottie. What amp solenoid should I have for this setup? I will have to check and see what I have when I go back to my cabin where my cart is. Also where can I get a cable and software for my controller?
Copperhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:02 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You should have a 200 amp solenoid. THe software is a free download from Alltrax.com and the cable is a 9 pin serial to usb type available at any electronics outlet.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:46 PM   #5
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Solenoid diode and resistor?
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:26 PM   #6
Bowslayer
Gone Wild
Club Car

I have sold some of the Powerwise chargers on Ebay that I had left over from 48 volt conversions and they will sell for around $200 on there.
Bowslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO