lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-19-2012, 08:27 PM   #1
10ecman
Not Yet Wild

Default 1998 series cart wont go

I have series cart which had a crow foot charging port.I tried to change it to a powerwise charging port which should have been factory.I blew a fuse in my powerwise charger and now the charging port has an extra small red wire,can someone show me the wiring diagram?Now my cart will do NOTHING what have i done??HELP I AM AN IDIOT.
10ecman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-20-2012, 06:31 AM   #2
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 1998 series cart wont go

the extra wire in the charger port is a reed switch...basically its just to stop the cart from running with the charger plugged in...The black wire from your charger port goes to your main negative...white to your main positive...to get cart running again simply follow the lever for putting the cart into forward/reverse to a black cover box next to your batteries. Take cover off, there you will see a microswitch with a red wire going to it on the side closest to your batteries. Unplug that wire and run a new wire from there to your main positive battery and try cart again...
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:52 AM   #3
10ecman
Not Yet Wild

Thanks now onto changing the charger to an sb50 instead of the crowfoot.Got any ideas of what to do there since i have to cut the end off?This is going to be fun.I hate electrical crap!!!You can get a nasty little shock.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:56 AM   #4
10ecman
Not Yet Wild

I almost forgot that worked SALLY is back to go she is my wife's cart.The new wire I already had but it was not getting a good connection.
Old 09-20-2012, 07:23 AM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10ecman View Post
I have series cart which had a crow foot charging port.I tried to change it to a powerwise charging port which should have been factory.I blew a fuse in my powerwise charger and now the charging port has an extra small red wire,can someone show me the wiring diagram?Now my cart will do NOTHING what have i done??HELP I AM AN IDIOT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10ecman View Post
Thanks now onto changing the charger to an sb50 instead of the crowfoot.Got any ideas of what to do there since i have to cut the end off?This is going to be fun.I hate electrical crap!!!You can get a nasty little shock.
In the first post, you described a Powerwise "D" receptacle, but are talking about putting a SB-50 plug on the charger output cable.
Hopefully you have either misidentified the plug or have changed the cart's charger port to a SB-50 receptacle.

Here is a drawing the a Powerwise "D" plug. Just leave out item 36.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Charger Plug - opened.JPG (40.8 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:00 AM   #6
10ecman
Not Yet Wild

My charger is a tcIII but my neighbors who had the powerwise and I blew the fuse in has the sb50.I now have an sb50 port but a crowfoot charger on my tcIII and need to put on this new sb50 end.my mouth gets ahead of my brain sometimes....Well ALL THE TIME.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:53 AM   #7
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Okay, now I understand.
Here is a manual for your TCIII.
White wire in the output cable is + and Black wire is -, which is same color code between cart's charger port and battery pack.

SB-50 Plug & Receptacle only fit together one way, so make sure the wire colors line up the same on both.

Hopefully your neighbors charger was a Powerwise or Powerwise +, because the fuses in a Powerwise II are expensive. The ones in PW and PW+ aren't exactly cheap either.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf TCIII & IV Owner's - Parts - Service.pdf (3.28 MB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:28 PM   #8
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Glad to hear your back in action....
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:22 PM   #9
10ecman
Not Yet Wild

oh man me too since this is my wifes cart and it was ragged out when i got it.Then I broke it and now i have fixed it thank you to all who have helped keep me from castration.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:24 PM   #10
10ecman
Not Yet Wild

JohnnieB and Camaroluvz28 you were life savers as well as other anatomical parts savers.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO