lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-27-2012, 04:03 PM   #1
doctor41baller
Not Yet Wild

Default Need suggestions on what to try next

Ok guys I need some help. I've been searching and using different methods I found on here but still stumped. History or cart. Was running good, one day smelt burning. Found the f/r switch had some smoke and one wire was a little hot. I noticed that my battery power indicator would show low. I then charged the batteries and they showed full. But when I pushed the pedal my indicator would drop to empty and no movement, forward or reverse. My shop told me probably the f/r switch. Soooooo, I replaced the f/r board and switch!! Hooked it all up and now NOTHING....not even showing I have battery charge on indicator forward or reverse. I show like 38volt at charger terminals, at the batteries, at solenoid...what else?
I'm just confused because after changing f/r controller something is not giving power to the cart or to my indicator...so it's worse.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (94.1 KB, 0 views)
doctor41baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-27-2012, 06:51 PM   #2
doctor41baller
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Need suggestions on what to try next

Bump....need some help to maybe get this going this weekend. What you guys think would cause no battery power. Should I check the microchip or whatever they are connected to the f/r lever
Old 10-27-2012, 06:58 PM   #3
rib33024

Welcome to BGW

what cart are we talking about? looks like a TXT ?, what is that wire in the pic, that is not hooked up
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:33 PM   #4
Gonkulor
Astronautilator

E-Z-GO

Double and triple check, even quadruple check all your wire connections. I'm only saying that because it happens to all of us. Rib is onto it. Unhooked or loose wires will be an electrical failure all the time.
Gonkulor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:09 PM   #5
doctor41baller
Not Yet Wild

Hey guys thanks for the replies. I did get this cart second hand so it is as is. But before i replaced the controller because of my problem everything electrical worked great. I took pics and everything and all is back like it was. The black write UN holes is for back up beep i believe it was UN hooked when i first got it. I hooked it up and the cart started to bell so UN plugged it like it was. And yes its a txt
Old 10-27-2012, 08:12 PM   #6
doctor41baller
Not Yet Wild

I'm sorry not the controller. I replaced the f/r switch
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (264.9 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by doctor41baller; 10-27-2012 at 08:29 PM.. Reason: Pics
Old 10-27-2012, 10:58 PM   #7
Gonkulor
Astronautilator

E-Z-GO

Maybe we need to start the T/S from scratch. What is your battery voltage and do you get a solenoid click in FWD and REV? I think you have something else going on but a T/S method should point to the trouble.
Gonkulor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:08 AM   #8
doctor41baller
Not Yet Wild

My voltage is 38 at the batteries, at the charger plug, and when I test each side (big stem) on the solenoid it's also around 38volt. I don't have a click anymore either.
Before changing the f/r switch I showed battery charged, then I pushed the pedal and the battery indicator would drop and cart wouldn't go. But now I don't even show the batteries charged (which they are).
Could one of those microswitchs be bad? I have no voltage on the little screws on those, but don't know if I'm testing right
Old 10-28-2012, 06:11 PM   #9
doctor41baller
Not Yet Wild

Update: found the problem. White wire that went from positive battery terminal to microswitchs was burnt and not making a connection at the battery. Put a new eye piece on and back to cruising!!!!

Tags
battery, controller, no power, switch
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO