lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-29-2013, 07:48 AM   #11
Minos027
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Burned connection to key

IMAG0351.jpg

IMAG0366.jpg

IMAG0367.jpg

IMAG0368.jpg

IMAG0369.jpg

Hope these help. Loose red wire goes to battery, loose small yellow goes to key.
Minos027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-29-2013, 08:15 AM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

That serial number returns the following:

Search Results

Make: Marathon

Type: Electric

Model: Electric 4-wheel Marathon

Year: 1988

It's the last two digits on the Manufacturer code that is the year, so you have an 88.

I've got to take care of a couple things, but I'll be back soon.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:12 AM   #13
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

These old eyes are seeing too many wires going in too many directions to be sure of anything.

I'm not sure, but there appears to be a second solenoid at the bottom of picture#5. Any idea what it is for?

From what I can tell, the schematic I posted is the correct one, so if you wire the solenoid activation circuit according the the schematic, it should work.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:12 AM   #14
Minos027
Not Yet Wild

The second solenoid seems to be some sort of negative block. The two large post run to the motor (black wires) the two small posts are jumped together, one of the small posts runs up to a compasitor (spelling?). And one large post has a ground to the chassis with an in line 20 amp fuse. And yes, the fuse is still good.

Sidenote, this is going to the shop today and should be fixed tomorrow afternoon/ Monday morning. I'll let you guys know what they come up with. Is there anything I should point out to them? Maybe the double solenoid? Or simply, the ridiculous rat nest wiring, lol.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:05 AM   #15
Minos027
Not Yet Wild

Hey guys, got an update. I was sold an apparently faulty part. I did everything correctly according to them but the solenoid was a "used" (burnt up) part that got mixed up. The cart burned up the key switch and a micro switch down in the belly of the beast. Best part is because it was their mess up the fixed it free of charge. Aside from my gas to transport the thing 30 miles... Lol. Anyway, all is good in my neighborhood. And I want to thank you for trying to help me thru this.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:13 AM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I am glad to hear that they stepped up and fixed it for you. Send some business their way when you can.

Carts that look like that under the seat are hard to fix over the internet. It would benefit you in the long run if you could clean up that wire nest. Also that cart only needs one solenoid, There is no good reason for it to have 2.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:44 AM   #17
Minos027
Not Yet Wild

Yeah, I'm not sure what the idea with the second solenoid was or is. Problem is I don't know enough about wiring these carts to cut it out and have it work. So I think I'll just leave that alone.

I will be going through the cart wire by wire and replacing them with new wires as well as rerouting how they are now... There's a few that are zip tied to the bottom of the frame... -_- I'll probably loom everything up too.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO