lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-12-2013, 12:08 PM   #11
Morpheus
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Need help wiring voltage reducer and blue sea systems 5025 and......

So, Im making progress. Installed custom made speakers pods in dash , radio, regulator and fuse block, 3 position key switch. Im getting ready to start the task of wiring all this up, and looking at my current key switch it has a white yellow and white wire ( only two prong )

Maybe Im just flooding myself with too much information over the last few days, but if Im going to run the remote on/off wire to the new key switch, which terminal does it go on? I have a diagram of the 4 prong key switch and pretty sure where the white and yellow white wires go, but what about the remote on wire? Also, if my current headlight set up has a push/pull switch ( there is a relay in the wiring strand ) , could I just use the 12 volt accesory portion of the new key switch to operate them instead of the original switch?

My next question would be someone mentioned before running a constant 48 v( i have 36) to the keyswitch to eliminate the accesories turning off and on when changing direction? If I were to do that, what would need to be changed and or added? And where would the constant 36V hook up to in the switch?

Sorry for all the questions, you guys have been very helpful so far

Thanks
Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-12-2013, 02:19 PM   #12
Morpheus
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Need help wiring voltage reducer and blue sea systems 5025 and......

So continuing to lurk around.....I found this in an earlier post

Yurtle said:
"If your key switch has two separate circuits, which you'll have to confirm with a DMM, then you can move your lights onto the reducer, and use the newly "liberated" two prongs on the key switch to turn on your reducer.

Now your switch will be off, on, on with accessories. You'll have to provide a 12 volt fuse block and switches for any accessories.

Hopefully your reducer has a separate power and "remote on/off" wires. If so, simply run power from your battery pack, to a fuse, to the key switch, then to your reducer."

This would eliminate the loss of accesories when using using the direction selector no? My only question with this set up would be 36 V from battery pack would go on which prong on the 3 position key switch, as well as the remote on wire ? And ( there is always more lol ) what amp for the inline fuse ?
Old 02-13-2013, 05:06 PM   #13
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

You indicated you already have a 3 position key switch. Check it with a DMM and one will close when the key switch is in the "on" position. The second should "make" when the key switch is in the second position. Hook up your two wires from your current switch to the "on" lugs. Then hook up a battery pack 36 + to one of your second set of lugs, and the other lug will go to the reducer "remote on" wire.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:23 PM   #14
Morpheus
Not Yet Wild

I think im getting this ......

The three position switch has B ( 36 volt battery pack +)
I ( Ignition, B connects to I when key is on )
B1 ( 12 volt + )
L connects to B1 when key in second position

I guess where I was getting confused was the second set is referred to as for 12 v. I assumed that it could only handle that voltage, not the 36 v required to remote power on the reducer

Lets say the original wires go to B and I ( connects on first key position )
The remote on wire and 36 v + go on the B1 and L terminals ( connects on second key position)

If my line of thinking is correct and this is right.......Im ready to start wiring this thing ! This was the last road block
Old 02-18-2013, 06:05 AM   #15
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I have 48 volts going through my key switch so as long as it's stock, you should be fine.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO