lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-22-2013, 07:28 PM   #1
dahur
Getting Wild

Default Reverse issues

Just recently my 2007 PDS has developed intermittent reversing. I push the reverse switch and go to back up, it goes a few feet, the controller beeps and it stops. I press the pedal again, and it may go slowly backwards a few feet, then all of a sudden go full. Yesterday it worked fine. Today it's doing it again.
Been acting up for a week or so. Everything else is fine.

Does this sound familiar to anybody...?
dahur is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-23-2013, 09:39 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Reverse issues

Check the insulation on the F1&F2 cables where they are routed around battery box.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Worn field wire insulation.jpg (593.6 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:14 PM   #3
dahur
Getting Wild

Thanks for the response.
I checked and there is no rubbing of those cables. I can certainly see how something like that could cause this problem.
I had a cable laying in a chunk of acid residue on the battery tray. But after cleaning that off, it's still doing it.

I put 2ga cables on everything last year. Maybe I'll take the cover off tomorrow and see if anything is loose on the solenoid.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:17 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Maybe a bad F&R toggle? swap the top and bottom wire on the switch, that should reverse the switch and if the problem shows up in Forward instead of reverse the problem is in the toggle...... I think.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:27 PM   #5
TX-AMC
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Do what scottyb suggested. I had the exact same problem. After checking all the cables and replacing the controller/solenoid for $500, the issue was a $17 F/R toggle switch. But hey at least now I have a 400A Alltrax. Which I probably needed anyway due to the mods. Mine is a 2007 also.

Here is the thread.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-2007-pds.html
TX-AMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:10 PM   #6
dahur
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Maybe a bad F&R toggle? swap the top and bottom wire on the switch, that should reverse the switch and if the problem shows up in Forward instead of reverse the problem is in the toggle...... I think.
Thanks scottyb. It was somewhere in the switch. I switched the leads per your suggestion, the first time I put it in reverse it went slow forward for about 3 feet then took off. Every time I tested after that over the rest of day it functioned normally. I put it back, and it's been working fine the last three days.
Thanks again.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO