lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-26-2013, 09:21 AM   #21
aahltd
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 96 gas Club Car run intermittently

What is the black stuff that holds the rubber vent cap onto the gas tank. I blew it off when I was blowing into the line trying to see if the vent worked. It did work but not as well as my blowing did. It is slopping gas now when I go over bumps so I think I should replace that black gunk.
aahltd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-26-2013, 11:02 AM   #22
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

It's actually supposed to be a rubber grommet, but over years, they tend to break down to a mushy goop!
you could either order a replacement (CC# 1015139)
or clean around it the best you can and silicone (adhesive) the heck out of it!

Your choice!

How did the cart run for you today?
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:33 PM   #23
aahltd
Not Yet Wild

It ran fine this morning but I had so many errands to run that I didn't get a chance until later to drive it longer. By then I got tired. It quit running about ten feet from the barn so I pushed it in. I almost took the plug off to test it but chickened out. I know it is nothing to you who know what you are doing but to me it is bigger than that. I will try to toughen up tomorrow.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:01 PM   #24
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahltd View Post
...I know it is nothing to you who know what you are doing but to me it is bigger than that. I will try to toughen up tomorrow.

Trust me girl... your a lot tougher then a lot of us here!
I'm only 12 years behind you, and I couldn't even imagine the work you do! (It makes me tired just thinking about it!)

I/we understand you absolutely need your cart for what your doing,
and the internet makes things a bit difficult to help without really being there! But, at least it's a start!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:02 AM   #25
aahltd
Not Yet Wild

I did it. Ok, when I went out to feed the cart didn't make any noise at all. Not even a hum..
I took the plug out, put the cap back on and laid the plug next to the exhaust thing which looked like metal. When I turned the key and stepped on the pedal something blew out of the plug hole and the plug sparked. The thing that blew out was a small bit of dirty paper (maybe that is why I had problems putting the plug in). Anyhow, I thought I had solved my whole problem so put it back together and proceeded to drive around for about three minutes............ then the cart faded out again just like it had before. So I took the plug out again and did the same test this time using a pvc pipe to push the pedal. It looked like a really good spark and the engine made good noises. So I decided to come write you.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:13 PM   #26
aahltd
Not Yet Wild

I just put the spark plug back in figuring the open hole is not a good thing. I expected it to run a short distance but did not.
Old 04-27-2013, 04:44 PM   #27
aahltd
Not Yet Wild

At PM feeding time the cart ran for about one minute and then faded out. Too far to push to barn so left it out.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:17 PM   #28
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

ok fuel and spark are not the problem i think what we have here is to pull off the vaccum line going to the fuel pump at the engine i would bet whats happening is that the vacuum line is getting oil in it from the crankcase and stopping the fuel pump from pumping causing if to run for awhile then bog due to lack of fuel try cleanin out that hose then reinstall it then run the cart and if it try and make sure the line is positioned so that any oil that gets into the line can drain back to the crankcase vent . just in case you dont know what im talking about the fuel line coing out of the gas tank will go to an aluminum block with two other hoses connected to it , one goes to the carburator and the other goes to the block for vaccum to operate the diaphram in the aluminum block and thats the line you want to check for oil in and clean it out. oil in the line prevents the crankcase pressure from getting to the pump most commonly because of either overfilled oil in the engine easy fix or by piston ring wear causing blow by more difficult fix .
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:09 AM   #29
aahltd
Not Yet Wild

OK, I will do that this morning. Thank you
Old 04-28-2013, 10:59 AM   #30
aahltd
Not Yet Wild

I think that hose was blocked. I cleaned it out with brakleen and put it back on. It runs and sounds like it used to... Wow. I drove it for a while and it kept running. Again Wow.
Now I am going to try to get my backup 1995 cart running since having a non working backup cart doesn't do much good. I checked that line and it was clear, then I took out the spark plug and did the test. It barely sparked so does that mean I have to replace those two parts with that 97 up coil? If I buy it I don't know where it goes. Should I clean the carb first?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car