lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-25-2013, 09:26 PM   #21
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Wink Re: EZGO Powerwise Charger

This should help you.
Yes D side is - side. It looks right from here. I'm wondering what kind of wiring he has on these other carts???

Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-25-2013, 09:49 PM   #22
crash test dummy

Default Re: EZGO Powerwise Charger

yea that + side is burned
Old 04-25-2013, 10:32 PM   #23
rebfan32
Not Yet Wild

[URL=http://s145.photobucket.com/user/rebfan29/media/2.jpg.html][URL]

i think by what you are saying the wires are in the right spot? this charger deal has driven me crazy lol
rebfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:44 PM   #24
rebfan32
Not Yet Wild

andy they are carts that are being charged by the same type powerwise charger. i am scared to put new radsoks in the dc plug and change the fuse out and try it on another cart.lol

andy another thing i noticed by looking at your pics is on the charger board the wires going from transformer and power cord are put on backwards on the relay on the board does that matter?
Old 04-25-2013, 11:09 PM   #25
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Lightbulb Re: EZGO Powerwise Charger

Have you checked the wires from DC plug to charger to make sure they haven't shorted. Continuity check them.

I would swap them just in case.
I can't say for sure because I have never seen one swapped on those 2 wires. That I can remember anyway.
I read the OP again and it maybe the transformer is shorted out. I had one blowing the fuse as soon as I hooked it to the cart. Turned out the transformer was shorted was all I could figure. I replaced everything else.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:15 PM   #26
rebfan32
Not Yet Wild

I will check continuity tomorrow again and swap the wires on the relay. I appreciate your expertise Andy and crash! Gotta find radsocks now those things are expensive lol
Old 04-25-2013, 11:20 PM   #27
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Wink Re: EZGO Powerwise Charger

How bad are they. I have cleaned them up with a file and re used them with no problems. On the charger plug that is.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:28 PM   #28
rebfan32
Not Yet Wild

I will def try that tomorrow!
Old 04-26-2013, 08:44 AM   #29
rebfan32
Not Yet Wild

andy the radsock or male end is beyond repair its melted on the end. from what i can tell looking at pics everything was wired up correctly though so im confused why it would buzz and heat up like that and blow a fuse. i also saw a picture of another powerwise charger where the wires to the relay are backwards so i dont think it matters which wire goes where on the relay of the charger board. i would like to try and repair this charger and i think im gonna also purchase a charger from yurtle as well!
Old 04-27-2013, 10:34 PM   #30
rebfan32
Not Yet Wild

so i checked continuity on the 3 wires on the charger today and the positive and negative wires showed cont but the red wire did not and i know it did before i swapped it over from one charger to the one its in now. i looked for nicks in the wire on each end and dont see anything the rest is covered of course by the black insulation. so now i know i need a radsock or male end a 50 amp fuse and to find the prob with the red wire (reed wire?) or by another cable which is expensive.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO