lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-27-2013, 02:11 AM   #1
LarzMang
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Converting Forward/Reverse

I don't think you guys/gals realize how excited I am about getting on here to get a few of my questions answered. This is the first of many questions as well as insight...

I have a 1995 Medalist with a manual forward and reverse in the usual spot below the seat. Like most carts you have to reach down with your right hand and switch between the two. I was going through a golf cart bone yard yesterday and found a forward/reverse toggle switch from a newer TXT model and was wondering if I could switch from the manual over to a toggle switch on the dash. Has anyone done this and is it even possible?
LarzMang is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-27-2013, 03:27 AM   #2
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Converting Forward/Reverse

Any one feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. But the newer style cart you are speaking of is a PDS electric cart that has regen braking. Your cart is a series cart (better for torque and easier to upgrade) so unless you want to spend quite a bit of money it wouldn't be easy to convert. There are other alternatives such as the jakes sport shifter
http://www.jakesliftkits.com/product.asp?sku=7110
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:30 AM   #3
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

JC is right on that part, you can also use your switch that you got but you will need to buy a double contactor you handle the fnr work. This will allow you to use that PDS style button for fnr.
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:54 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The PDS cart F&R toggle is neatly mounted on the dash ..... however. It can not be reached without leaning forward in the seat. I actually find the lever by my knee more convenient than the dash toggle.
CC used a rocker switch by your knee. Their little toggle and housing can be had and is the best of both in my opinion ... enjoy BGW and the golf cart
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:50 PM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
The PDS cart F&R toggle is neatly mounted on the dash ..... however. It can not be reached without leaning forward in the seat. I actually find the lever by my knee more convenient than the dash toggle.
CC used a rocker switch by your knee. Their little toggle and housing can be had and is the best of both in my opinion ... enjoy BGW and the golf cart
Never been a problem for me.
Of course I wear a 19 1/2" shirt with 37" sleeves and wear size 16 shoes.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:23 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Never been a problem for me.
Of course I wear a 19 1/2" shirt with 37" sleeves and wear size 16 shoes.
So ....... you're shifting with your foot?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 04:55 PM   #7
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Little toe.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:31 AM   #8
LarzMang
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Exactly what I needed to know... well... not the whole part about crapping with feet but all things considered I think I'll just keep the manual switch by my knee. I never thought about having to lean forward out of my seat instead of reaching by my leg. Thank you all for your help. I hope to post some before-after pictures of my cart today!

- I just read the responses again and for some reason I thought Scottyb said "your sh*ting with your foot?" I thought that it made no sense and now I know why... because that's not what Scottyb said!
LarzMang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:43 PM   #9
porthole
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarzMang View Post
I don't think you guys/gals realize how excited I am about getting on here to get a few of my questions answered. This is the first of many questions as well as insight...

I have a 1995 Medalist with a manual forward and reverse in the usual spot below the seat. Like most carts you have to reach down with your right hand and switch between the two. I was going through a golf cart bone yard yesterday and found a forward/reverse toggle switch from a newer TXT model and was wondering if I could switch from the manual over to a toggle switch on the dash. Has anyone done this and is it even possible?
I replaced the manual switch on mine with a Forward/reverse switch and solenoids.

Single best thing I have done to the cart.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...tml#post741160
porthole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:51 AM   #10
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JcXtreme72 View Post
Any one feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. But the newer style cart you are speaking of is a PDS electric cart that has regen braking. Your cart is a series cart (better for torque and easier to upgrade) so unless you want to spend quite a bit of money it wouldn't be easy to convert. There are other alternatives such as the jakes sport shifter
http://www.jakesliftkits.com/product.asp?sku=7110
I jsut came across this thread.....OMG....that Jakes shifter is AWESOME!! and seeing as how the cart is my wifes, and our anniversary is in about two weeks....I think I just found her present!! lol
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forward, medalist, reverse, toggle, txt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO