lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-19-2013, 07:00 PM   #1
Bigearl 56
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Xcelerator Who's Done It

Hay Folks, Don't mean to beat a dead horse but I really want to know who else has installed this kit. I know Taho Dawg Z71 installed one and gave it a good review. What I am asking is this a plug and play deal or do you need special tools and knowledge?

Thanks
Earl
Bigearl 56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-19-2013, 08:41 PM   #2
EXSSIVE
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Xcelerator Who's Done It

Heres what I found: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...golf-cars.html
EXSSIVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:16 PM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

If tahoeDawg did it I'm good.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:42 AM   #4
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

My old '87 with the stock KF82 will do 22mph before the valves start floating and I didn't have to spend a dime. Just disconnected the governor rod. As long as you don't floor the pedal and know the limits of your motor you can achieve this pretty easily. On the newer carts the governor is a bit trickier but not a huge deal.

That being said, the governor is only off when I'm driving the cart. I still have the governor rod hooked to the rear axle in the stock configuration, but not to the throttle. If I were to let someone else drive it, I then take the governor rod and insert it back into the hole on the throttle bracket and within a second or two, the cart is now governed again to stock specs.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car