lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-30-2013, 03:20 PM   #1
maddog513
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2007 Series intermittent no go

Hi all, I am running an 48v SPM-48500 controller, 2 ga. cables, HD F & R, and SD solenoid on a stock 36V motor, all from scottyb. I just recently began having an issue with the cart running fine then all of the sudden it will just stop. sometimes it will pick right back up, others it stays off for a few minutes. The solenoid is clicking and pack voltage is good, but no go. The other day it did this and stayed off for about 10 minutes, then all of the sudden it was good to go. The controller is not throwing any trouble codes, any suggestions where to start?
maddog513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-30-2013, 03:54 PM   #2
JMGreco
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2007 Series intermittent no go

I have had similar situations with my cart. The first time it happened one of my batteries dropped. It would give me fits as you described and then all of a sudden dead. I checked individual battery voltage when it would not move and found the bad battery. The other issue I had was with a loose low voltage connection. The wire harness between the throttle control (four wire harness) and the controller was the culprit. I cleaned the connections best I could with a dental pick, sprayed contact cleaner and tightened the harness connection with a zip tie and then sealed with electrical tape. Worked for my problem thus far - good luck!
JMGreco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 05:36 PM   #3
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMGreco View Post
I have had similar situations with my cart. The first time it happened one of my batteries dropped. It would give me fits as you described and then all of a sudden dead. I checked individual battery voltage when it would not move and found the bad battery. The other issue I had was with a loose low voltage connection. The wire harness between the throttle control (four wire harness) and the controller was the culprit. I cleaned the connections best I could with a dental pick, sprayed contact cleaner and tightened the harness connection with a zip tie and then sealed with electrical tape. Worked for my problem thus far - good luck!
If you're talking about the 4 pin Molex plug coming from the throttle box, located near the FNR, mine's been a problem, even after cleaning and bending the female connectors. One day, I'll solder it up and eliminate the Molex plug.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 06:41 AM   #4
JMGreco
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Molex plug, thanks for the correct terminology Yurtle!
JMGreco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 08:59 AM   #5
maddog513
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks Guys, I will check that plug as soon as I get a chance! I have already tested all of the brand new batteries, and that is not a problem. I does seem to give me the most trouble on rough areas when the cart is really bouncing around.
maddog513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:37 AM   #6
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

If that's what it is, one side is a four conductor cable that goes to the throttle box, the other end is four separate wires that goes into the wiring harness, which is wire loom. I've never been stranded as a result, as I have always been able to unplug and replug once or twice, and that always solved the problem, until it reoccurs.

If that's your problem, you can replace the connector, or just eliminate it, solder the wires together and cover with a high quality heat-shrink or a high temp electrical tape. The cheap electrical tape won't hold up for the years it will need to.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO