lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-05-2010, 10:17 AM   #61
big mule
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: New to this section...I found a workhorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Shorter belt works great I used the belt listed for a 2 stroke on my 4 stroke.....It is exactly 1 inch shorter and works good... I also took the time to remove the govenor, cut and reweld the accelorator cable bracket and reconnect direct to the cam at the rear end....It works just like a car, very nice throttle now....no more spongy foot Changed oil and air cleaner ...Champion plug equivalent is j12y....Running good and looking for a suitable lift...I have some 20x11x10 Trailwolfs I want to run.
I know this is an old post but I would like to know what exactly is involved with removing the govenor and re-attaching the accel. cable.Scottyb if you happen to have any pics from that mod can you post them please(I know you have went to a BB since but hoping you might have taken some).Also are there any negatives to doing this?Thanks for your help.

Johnny
big mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-05-2010, 10:34 AM   #62
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

.... Your ear will have to be the govenor ....... Your ear & common sense
You will need a metal saw and a welder.
Remove the spring apparatus unit. The cable end has a loop in it.... find a small bolt to connect the cable to the bracket. You will need a washer on each side of the connection and a double nut so you do not have to squish the cable and bracket together to tighten the little bolt.
The cable sheath end will now need support ... mark the new location of the needed support on the existing bracket. cut the bracket off where you marked it and then take the piece you cut off and weld it to the cut at 90 degrees so that it holds the cable end where it is now needed. The bracket will now look like a Tee.... sorry I do not have any pics
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 10:56 AM   #63
big mule
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks Scottyb
big mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO