lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-26-2013, 01:47 PM   #1
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Battery Rack

Now that I've upgraded to a F\R Contactor switch, I plan on moving this switch right behind the seat (when hunting is over), thus freeing up the old txt manual "spot". This will allow me to place one of my T-105's there, and I will put the other T-105 on the other side (where my 12-V auto battery now sits) and I will have all of my Trojan T-105's under the seat. The current 12-V will be relegated to the bagwell.

However, what type of battery rack will best suite holding the T-105's in these respective places? I will need two individual battery holders (one for the left, and one for the right) so I though the best place to ask advice would be from the experts right here.

Thanks.

Dave
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-26-2013, 01:53 PM   #2
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Battery Rack

You'll keep your same battery rack. Install batteries #7 and #8 on each side wit all thread and a piece of angle iron.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2005 ezgo 08.jpg (100.2 KB, 0 views)
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 02:11 PM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I used a stock EZGO plastic hold-down for the 7th battery in my 42V pack, cut it in half and held in place with threaded rods. I had to grind away what didn't fit.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 04:18 PM   #4
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
I used a stock EZGO plastic hold-down for the 7th battery in my 42V pack, cut it in half and held in place with threaded rods. I had to grind away what didn't fit.
Thanks JonnieB. I was going to ask what was on the other side.......but then I thought well....it is Christmas time, and perhaps it's some type of "merriment" holder type of device.

Patent pending of course.

Dave
Old 12-27-2013, 07:25 AM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
Thanks JonnieB. I was going to ask what was on the other side.......but then I thought well....it is Christmas time, and perhaps it's some type of "merriment" holder type of device.

Patent pending of course.

Dave
Not sure if you are wondering about the other side of the battery or the other side of the cart.

Only have 7 batteries, so the other side of the cart is where the controller, solenoid and DC converter are mounted.

The stock hold down was cut into two pieces and each half was mounted on the battery, one on the front, the other on the rear.
The bottom pan is fairly sturdy but I beefed it up some with fender washers and hex-nuts above and below the pan to lock the bottom ends of the threaded rods in place.
Being about a foot long, the threaded rods have some flex in them, so I ran two heavy-duty Ty-Wraps around the battery and rods to prevent the hold downs from coming off the battery top if I ever slid to a stop again.

As for "some type of "merriment" holder type of device", I am kicking around the idea of attaching some Peltier elements to the cup holders to keep my soda water cool in the summertime.
Old 12-27-2013, 11:43 AM   #6
DaveTM
Gone Wild

I stated "merriment" holder so you could place any beverage in a holder with "cola" on the outside, put your "shared" cooler on the back, yet keep your "secret" cooler under the seat.

I'm just thinking ahead.

Dave
Old 12-27-2013, 12:19 PM   #7
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Might be a good place to keep some untaxed grain distillates, for medicinal purposes only, of course.
Old 12-27-2013, 02:41 PM   #8
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Might be a good place to keep some untaxed grain distillates, for medicinal purposes only, of course.
Johnnie.....it's always for medicinal purposes. Why....Most of my prescriptions begin with....He's marries, so begin with One (1) 24oz of a Draft.....bla, bla, bla........
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO