lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-23-2014, 06:24 PM   #11
kellybell
So wild it hurts!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: E-Z-Go recall

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Go to the EZGO link in the article and check out the serial numbers and dates of manufacturer.

My 2008 PDS wasn't built during the Aug-2012 to Feb-2013 time-frame, so I probably won't have a SWAT team from U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission showing up at my place to confiscate my cart, but it wouldn't surprise me all that much if they did.

Whatever happened to common sense?
They may come to check to make sure that the cart isn't from '12 to 13. BTW, where WERE you on the night of April 6th?
kellybell is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-23-2014, 09:37 PM   #12
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellybell View Post
BTW, where WERE you on the night of April 6th?
I was trying to get glass beer bottles recalled, 'cause I chipped my tooth on one while my drunk friend ran over a curb.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 11:15 PM   #13
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloe View Post
Any one interested in checking their own nuts may do so by removing the score card holder from steering wheel, and checking the only nut behind there for tightness... Let the fun begin

Too easy. Waaay too easy. Had to be totally intentional, right CG?

Joking aside, would self servicing satisfy the recall?
LOLz, i had to do it, couldnt resist. I believe recalls Must be satisfied by a authorized service center. I read the recall before it hit the fourm, I will re-read the email tomorrow.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 08:03 AM   #14
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellybell View Post
They may come to check to make sure that the cart isn't from '12 to 13. BTW, where WERE you on the night of April 6th?
Me and my redneck friends will be waiting.

April 6th was a Sunday, so after church I reload some .45ACP, .357Mag and 38Spl ammo as usual, and that night I watched Mike Huckabee on FNC before falling asleep in my recliner.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 09:29 PM   #15
cbus
Not Yet Wild

I also have a 2008 PDS. The steering wheel is loose. Is it as simple as taking off the scorecard and tightening the bolt or is there more?

I am a newbie so fire away!

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Go to the EZGO link in the article and check out the serial numbers and dates of manufacturer.

My 2008 PDS wasn't built during the Aug-2012 to Feb-2013 time-frame, so I probably won't have a SWAT team from U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission showing up at my place to confiscate my cart, but it wouldn't surprise me all that much if they did.

Whatever happened to common sense?
cbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 08:20 AM   #16
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbus View Post
I also have a 2008 PDS. The steering wheel is loose. Is it as simple as taking off the scorecard and tightening the bolt or is there more?

I am a newbie so fire away!

Thanks.
If the steering wheel is loose, I'd definitely tighten the bolt before driving it any more.

Then, go to the EZGO recall site and check if your cart's serial number falls into the recalled range.
http://www.ezgo.com/2011tierodrecall.html

If it does, contact EZGO at the number provided on their recall website and get them to fix the problem.
Be sure you get documentation that the recalled issue was resolved, so you can legally sell the cart when and if you ever sell it.
Old 07-03-2014, 07:46 AM   #17
cbus
Not Yet Wild

Thanks JB!

My serial number is not in that range. I tightened the bolt and that seemed to help. It just seems that when I go over rocks that the whole steering assembly shakes pretty bad.
cbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 09:40 AM   #18
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbus View Post
Thanks JB!

My serial number is not in that range. I tightened the bolt and that seemed to help. It just seems that when I go over rocks that the whole steering assembly shakes pretty bad.
Time to jack up the front end and inspect the steering.

IIRC, there are only two bolts that hold the rack & pinion unit in place.

There is no dampening in the steering, so the steering wheel will pull every time you hit a rock or rut at an angle.

Any play in the steering wheel, if so something is loose or worn.

My steering didn't "feel" right when I got my cart and I found several bolts a little on the loose side up front. About an 1/8 turn on several and 1/4 on others took care of it. I do have some wear in the rack & pinion, but not much, so the wheels don't shimmy.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO