lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-02-2014, 07:42 PM   #1
young99
Not Yet Wild

Exclamation carburetor drain screw

Hi everyone,

I have an older ezgo I think is a txt. It has not ran in a while and wanted to get it running for my father in law. He recently broke his hip and is not too mobile while he is recovering.

It would not fire so I bought a new battery, disassembled cleaned the fuel pump, then removed cleaned up the carb.

When I put the carb back on I forgot to put the drain plug in. I went to put the screw back in and dropped it. Apparently this screw area travelled to a new dimension. I stripped down everything and can't find it.

Does anyone know the size of this screw? And would it be possible to use a screw from a hardware store?

Also after checking everything it would not fire, I'm guessing bad spark plugs hopefully.

Thanks!
young99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-04-2014, 09:41 PM   #2
redcloud
Gone Wild

Default Re: carburetor drain screw

Locate the serial number on the cart and get a manual that will show you the correct carb with schmatic of parts. Serial number usually under dash of passenger side will give year and you can find that info on this forum.
Search this forum for pdf manuals that you can download free.
redcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 12:10 PM   #3
nas
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: carburetor drain screw

Hi yes you could us a screw from a hardware store. Im not sure of the size but if you can take the bowl off with a 12mm box end wrench and take it with you it would make it pretty easy.

As for your spark pull a spark plug put the boot back on it then ground the spark plug to one of the bolts on the valve cover and hit the pedal(key on). If it sparks once or twice and quits its your electronic igniter box crapped out if it sparks constantly your fine with spark I would next check your pulse line to the fuel pump. pull it off the block just below the carb if oil drips out of it that's your problem. if so pull the hose and replace or just blow air through it until its completely cleared out. then make sure your oil level is not above full because it would fill that hose again.
nas is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO